Senior Art Director – Fashion Retail Brand – London – £60k + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is a global retail fashion brand with a great online presence. You will be part of an amazing word-class team of dedicated Editors and Creatives.
They are now looking for a talented Art Director to join the Brand and Marketing Creative Team ensuring delivery of all design assets to the highest standards, within budget and to deadline in line with the brand vision through the use of high-quality, innovative and eye-catching design and thereby improving the brands customer experience. We are seeking an experienced and creative individual with the ability to guide projects from initial concept stages through develop, execution and out to market.
- The Art Director will be responsible for the development and implementation of ideas and designs for the creative output for the brand for both on and offline usage.
- Email Marketing, onsite promotions, campaigns, digital newsletters, direct mail, digital media, lookbooks, corporate presentations, internal comms, digital magazine, print publications, daily content, the look and feel of their website, press invites, special projects and presentations, Brand marketing, campaign work and branding initiatives as briefed.
- Manage the Brand creative design team, providing leadership, inspiration, guidance, support and direction. Encourage excellence, ambition and a team spirit
- Work with production to allocate resource within the team to greatest effect
- Work strategically to drive brand awareness and deliver strong sales through creative
- Work with and provide support and assistance to the Creative Director to develop the visual brand identity ensuring this is central to all creative projects
- Establish creative endeavours as market leading, innovative and when possible as award winning.
- Develop and maintain relationships with photographers, film makers, illustrators, designers and their agents for Brand Creative and work strategically with other creative leads in the business to ensure the strongest approach to external talent
- Art direct and oversee art direction for fashion, beauty, still life shoots and video, ensuring the visuals are on-brand, diverse, contemporary and desirable within agreed budgets
As part of the role they would expect you to have an interest and keep up to date with emerging trends in fashion, design, film, art, media and technology where relevant to the brand and the design team.
- Collaborate with buying, marketing, tech, retail, photography and editorial to lead teams through product and marketing message concept process and projects.
- Develop the seasonal look and feel to support merchandising and buy strategies.
- Manage the design department through multiple projects planning and responsible for timely delivery of all creative projects.
- Create a world class creative team; Consistently review and evaluate team, conducting twice yearly appraisals, identify needs for training and development, coaching and mentoring; Assess needs and conflicts within the department; Ensure teams function effectively to achieve company business goals.
- Manage design budget.
- Proven depth of design and art direction experience in commercial/online retail environment
- Proven management experience
- Depth of experience across online, print, experiential design and a good understanding of UX
- Highly proficient in design, typography, retouching using Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- A sense of humour and a passion for fashion
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button, alternatively please send your CV to Darren Rapp at email@example.com or call +44 207 928 2525
Job Reference: JO-1701-119085
Salary: £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits