My client are looking for a Lead User Interface designer who has a high affinity for the web. Who is able to lead a group of talented UI designers.
We want a creative and energetic team player who has a passion for user-centered design. Someone who understands front-end web design, with working knowledge of HTML & CSS design, which you can demonstrate through your experience.
Working on the Global eCommerce team based in Amsterdam, you will be the creative lead for the Customer Experience team, creating high quality interface designs and helping to drive the continual improvement of the site and how it looks.
You will work closely with the Brand Design, UX specialists and Development teams to help drive a best-in-class user experience on web, tablet and mobile platforms.
- Main contact and subject matter expert for the UI of all digital touchpoints
- Translating brand identity to a UI design language and maintaining it.
- Manage the UI backlog for the brand. Make sure horizontal tickets get assigned to the right agile teams.
- Responsible for the content and management of the UI toolkit on our Global digital experience guidelines platform
- Education and on boarding of (new) design team members. Your team will also cover the Reebok styleguide.
- You and your will create fresh and current user interfaces regardless of the device
- Collaborate with and support the Consumer Experience Team to execute both large and small projects.
- Assist in the design and building of new website & mobile templates
- Help to optimize the website by creating visuals and prototypes to support online testing, including A/B tests
- Help identify design opportunities to improve usability and interaction online
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team including visual designers, web developers and business owners to achieve strong visuals and technical solutions without sacrificing the user experience.
- You can create clean, well-structured and easily understandable specification documents that will be used to brief the development team
- You will establish a consistent design language across our digital platforms (desktop, tablet and mobile) which you and others will adhere to
- You are passionate about keeping up-to-date with the latest advances in interface design and web technologies
- You lead UI designers, evolving their UI skills and ensuring the right knowledge is available of the UI guidelines for the brand
- You coordinate and/or execute design reviews for the brand UI with internal or external parties.
- Make sure our process and way of work is effective.
The Ideal Person
- University degree with 5+x years commercial experience as an interface designer
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your attention to details
- You’ve got a good working knowledge of HTML & CSS and know what’s possible to achieve across browsers. You know the limitations and advantages.
- You’ve got a solid understanding of the web environment, GUI (screen layouts and composition) and style guide application. You are used to using style guides and have examples of driving consistency across designs while maintaining a creative approach.
- At least 2 years of managing people.
- You’ve worked with brands before and can follow and maintain guidelines
- You must have experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Fireworks.
- Ideally you’ve got experience working within an eCommerce environment
- You’re a good communicator who can present and sell -in your designs and explain your decisions.
- Fluent English both verbally and written
Job Reference: JO-1705-123530
Salary: €50000 - €75000 per annum