Role: Insight Manager
Day rate: Up to £320
Contract length: 6 months initial, likely to extend.
Salt are working closely with one of the world’s largest consumer electronics brands, with operations in more than 70 countries globally, and annual sales approaching the $200billion mark.
They are seeking an Insight manager to support the Head of Insight in the Development of actionable insights, strategies, and recommendations, that will have positive impact across the business.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Marketer to add to their CV with one of the world’s biggest companies, and to get hands on with producing excellent insights that have genuine impact.
- Develop actionable insight, strategies and recommendations related to specific consumer and B2B product and services within the UK markets.
- Utilising consumer and market insights to identify areas of, and solutions for improved category performance.
- Conduct a variety of primary research projects, employing various methodologies
- Deliver the timely insight, analysis and information needed to keep the company ahead of industry movements/developments and competitor threats
- Liaise closely with European central insight team to leverage shared service programmes at a local level
- MI Primary Research Project Management:
- In conjunction with the UK Head of Insights, supervise the primary research process end-to-end:
- Help scope projects from research brief to project kick-off
- Liaison with commissioned external agency and internal clients
- Provision of internal/external data to external agency to support project delivery
- Manage supplier invoices
- Ensure the research programmes are in an efficiently, timely and within budget
Continuous Research Management:
- Co-ordinate with CMI European teams to manage the delivery and local reporting of continuous research programmes including brand and customer experience studies.
- Analysis and reporting on key findings and trends with marketing brand and category teams
Ongoing market and competitor intelligence support:
- Ongoing monitoring of market and competitor movements, trends, news, innovations and announcements
- Build thought leadership credentials by championing market, product and competitor dynamics and act as trusted advisor to the client’s UK business
- Share this expertise across the business through producing ad-hoc and regular market reports and updates on market and competitor movements, trends, news, innovations and announcements
- In this role, you will be a consumer and B2B evangelist. You will be excited to play a key role in the development of the client’s UK marketing strategy to a point where it guides the various teams working on portfolio, product strategy, services, in-life services and experiences.
- Communicate and maintain the consumer segmentation
- Assist consumer strategy (target segment definition, size of target group, geographical spread, core insights about the target)
- Act as the go-to person for all data and insights related to consumers & B2B markets
Essential Hard Skills:
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- A good understanding of primary research methodologies
- Must be able to demonstrate professional market research experience (agency or client side)
- Experience of working to strict deadlines
Essential Soft skills
- Experience of dealing with customers or suppliers
- A self-starter with a proactive approach to work
- Attention to detail
- A good understanding of the market research landscape (e.g. methodologies, processes and suppliers)
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly
Desirable Hard skills
- Technology (Consumer Electronics, IT or Mobile) industry experience (supply or client side)
- Experience of working for a market research organization or for a technology manufacturer
- Knowledge of the European marketplace, trends and consumers.
- Experience of working within different cultures
Desirable Soft skills
- A fast learner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ambitious and highly motivated
- Process driven
Job Reference: JO-1703-120819
Salary: £280 - £320.00 per day