Job title: Marketing Insight Specialist
Contract Length: 11 months
Day rate: Up to £175
Additional info: KPI bonus
- To support Marketing Insight Partner embed customer insight across Marketing and Customer Directorate.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with Marketing and Customer Stakeholders.
- Identify and present relevant insights and recommendations in an engaging, concise and actionable manner to stakeholders; challenging thinking to achieve better outcomes for customers.
- To put the customer at the heart of our business and growth plans by being the Voice of the Customer Internally.
- To manage and communicate insight from all of the client’s sources of insight (continuous and ad hoc) to develop a deep understanding of the customer, competitor and market, to drive profitable growth and support delivery of client objectives.
Marketing Specific Objectives:
- Support Marketing and Customer strategy and priorities
- Bring to life and champion the new Customer Segmentation throughout marketing
- Manage the smooth day to day running of Brand and Advertising tracker, maintaining strong relationship with 3rd party supplier to ensure client elicits the best value.
- Work with PR team to provide them with necessary customer collateral.
- Identify opportunities for Insight intervention within budgetary limits
- Document and archive Marketing Insight to facilitate post implementation reviews
- Ensure relevant Trends work is shared and communicated regularly with Marketing
- Continually review data providers to ensure best use of resource and that information requirements are covered
- Ensure all administration for 3rd party suppliers is carefully and swiftly managed (NDAs, Invoicing and Agency reviews).
- Applying best in class research and analytical methodologies.
- Where appropriate, design and manage qualitative and quantitative research projects, from inception to delivery, with third party agencies
- Understand all Insight sources to ensure ‘full picture’ is always presented (case Studies, My Customer Experience, Market Leader, Panel, etc)
- Package and present actionable insight/information in an engaging but simple way that will be useful, timely and relevant to stakeholders
- Supporting wider Customer Insight team projects by partnering with others to deliver comprehensive and joined-up insight.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- A proven ability to investigate, evaluate and analyse information to produce actionable insight to agreed deadlines
- Experience of running quantitative research programmes with the ability to recommend the most appropriate research methods to meet objective
- IT skills – basic data analysis skills using Excel. Confident in using PowerPoint for preparing engaging presentations
- Knowledge of the Retail sector is an advantage
Knowledge and experience:
- Curiosity; has an innate passion and curiosity for understanding and investigating customer behaviour and how this can improve business performance.
- Customer focussed; understands the needs of internal and external customers, responds promptly and ensures the customer is at the forefront of their thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to proactively network across functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate insights
- Good organisation skills with the ability to manage simultaneous projects across differing stakeholders
This industry leading client are big on encouraging and supporting promotion from within. All across their organisation, you’ll find initiatives designed to give colleagues the opportunity to develop quicker, grow in their role, and take their careers in new directions. So make your mark in their fast-paced business, show them what you can do, and build a career to be proud of.
Job Reference: JO-1608-89466
Salary: £150.00 - £175.00 per day + KPI Bonus
Job Start Date: 12/09/2016