Head of Data Science (Interim / Contract) – Banking – Brussels / London
Rate: €1000 – €1200 per day
Length: 6-12 months
- With the success of the business last year, My Banking client based in Brussels are eager to hire a Head of Data Science on an interim / contract basis.
- The overall team has been growing and they have now looking for a highly-experienced Data Scientist with leadership and managerial abilities to join their team – this must be evident
- This role is part of the Data & Strategic Analytics team which shapes the strategy through utilising data to drive and power our business, and ultimately differentiate us in the market.
- By working with teams across the business we can ensure data plays a big part of current product strategy, decisions on business priorities and new product development.
- The Head of Data Science will have a proven track record of successful hands-on experiences in the area of advanced analytics as well as managing teams.
- Education in data science without practical hands-on experience will not be accepted.
Head of Data Science (Interim / Contract) – Banking – Brussels
- You are proficient in R, Python and Spark. Knowledge of Scala is a plus.
- You are proficient in relational database querying (SQL) or in data collection and transformation (ETL)
- You master analytical techniques such as machine learning, text mining, network analytics, process mining, …
- You are at ease with visualization tools like Shiny
- You have experience with command line tools (UNIX) and version control tools like GIT
- You know the Hadoop ecosystem (knowledge of the Cloudera distribution will be a plus)
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as good customer relationship skills to present the results of a use case to different audiences (from end users up to division management)
- You have experience implementing advanced analytics solutions into a well-controlled production environment
- You are able to learn quickly, adjust to changes and think outside the box
- You are self-motivated and confident with a positive attitude,
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills with attention to details
- You have a past experience in agile development methodologies (SCRUM, RAD, …) whilst ensuring that the deliverables contribute to the final product
- You stay abreast of new tools and technologies to practice up-to-date data analytic strategies
Please do forward across to me the most up to date part of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: €1000 - €1200 per day
Job Duration: 6-12 months