The Senior Asset Management Analyst will be working as part of the Asset Tracking and Analytics team, within the Asset Management team and Infrastructure. Our team provide insight and reporting to track, maintain and monitor all assets through their life-cycle, whilst driving down and delivering future asset cost savings for the business. We drive value through performance insight and work with operation, Supply Chain, Finance teams and our external MAP suppliers in order to mitigate risk (lost assets) and drive effective utilisation of all assets. The role will support the MAP Contracts by satisfying contractual obligations to track and report on all MAP owned assets.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team influencing high level decision making through analytical expertise of business and operational performance and its impacts on asset management, the main responsibilities for the role will be:
* Maintenance & tracking of our asset portfolio data currently 8m ‘assets’ increasing to 40m by 2020.
* Engaging with our external MAP suppliers to ensure we can account for their portfolio of assets, specifically driving resolution between the ‘physical’ and ‘data’ elements of asset management.
* Report on performance of assets in the supply chain through monitoring of key metrics of asset utilisation (Lost / time on van / age at installation) .
* Working with Field Ops and Supply Chain to ensure asset risks are mitigated (E.g. reductions to lost, effective utilisation of assets and minimisation of uninstalled rental costs).
* Ensure that all billable installation jobs have processed correctly within BG & industry systems ? Completing reconciliation and analytical activities between data and that held by our MAPs, and progress resolutions of resulting exceptions.
* Provide ad-hoc analysis of complex data to identify the causes, patterns and trends in asset utilisation & asset performance.
* Interpreting this analysis to identify possible areas of opportunity for improvement, driving value and mitigating costs.
* To present analysis recommendations to management to highlight process improvements and future business cost savings.
* To develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders by effectively managing expectations and inspiring confidence in delivery.
* Opportunities to take part and lead meetings with senior stakeholders and management and gain experience in how important decisions are presented and made.
* To promote Asset Management awareness.
* Opportunity to support future change projects impacting the supply chain & portfolio.
* Contributes to overall team objectives, responding effectively to new directives.
Key Success Factors:
* Improve the quality of asset data, enabling accurate tracking / invoice payment / customer & industry records.
* Drive value and reduce future costs of Asset Management.
* Build data infrastructure and KPIs to evaluate asset management performance.
* Track the benefits and delivered value for improvements to the asset life cycle.
* Ensure strong relationship across the business.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
* Ability to manipulate large data sets and use analysis techniques to analyse data.
* Ability to link business and industry processes and changes with Asset Management.
* Ability to produce high quality reports, packs and presentations and deliver to both internal and external stakeholders.
* A good understanding of the Metering industry would be desirable, but not essential.
* Knowledge of SAP, preferably Materials Management.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, be self-motivating with strong organisation skills, and will need to be able to communicate effectively at all levels including senior management.
* Ability to demonstrate flexibility in their approach and will be able to compile and review data in a creative and engaging manner within timescales.
* Proven analytical skills and ability to interpret results and trends.
* Ability to manipulate and build datasets using languages and tools such as SQL, SAS, VBA, MS Access or Excel.
* MS Office.
* Good communication skills with the ability to communicate and engage with the immediate and wider team.
* Sound time management and prioritisation skills with the ability of working to and delivering against critical deadlines.
* Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Highly numerate with good accuracy and attention to detail.
* Demonstrate a very proactive, professional and confident attitude.