A Pivotal Enterprise Architect (PEA) takes our customer’s business, applications, and big data strategies and architects IT infrastructure to support those strategies. Your goal will be to deliver architecture that supports the most efficient and secure IT environment meeting a company’s business needs.
As a Pivotal Enterprise Architect you will be responsible for the design and support on the delivery of complex Pivotal solutions for customers.
Main Responsibilities Will Be
- Provide Technical architecture design based on Pivotal Platform stack. Identify gaps and design constraints and provide solutions to address the gaps.
- Support on implementing prototypes and solutions based on Design recommendations using Pivotal Software stack.
- Present Pivotal product use cases and benefits to stake holders, implementers, and competing groups. Present customer use cases and product needs internally to Product Engineering/Management to insure we are aligning Pivotal product strategy with the needs of our customers.
- Work with Pivotal Field Engineering and Customer Success to provide a consensus based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with the customer’s ever changing business needs.
- Direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology (both Pivotal software as well as others) within the customer’s enterprise.
- Build customer knowledge and skills in Pivotal areas of expertise.
- Supplement product with example and reusable code that customers can apply to their environments
Skills and knowledge
- Experienced Software Enterprise Architect with demonstrated skills in designing solutions in at least one of these areas, expertise in two areas is preferred:
- High performance mission critical applications based on in-memory data grids solutions such as Gemfir
- Very Large scale Data warehouse solutions based on MPP solutions such as Greenplum Database, Teradata or IBM Netezza
- Very Large scale “Data lake” solution based on Hadoop
- Mission critical applications based on Java Spring Framework
- Systems Thinking – the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
- Excellent communication skills – preparation and delivery of presentations and reports
- Basic project planning experience
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Cross Vertical Expertise – subject matter expertise in financial, internet, retail, government/federal, telecom, etc. Any or all of the above will be a plus
- Prior experience with MPP Database technologies (Greenplum Database, Netezza, Teradata, or Vertica, etc.) would be an advantage
- Prior knowledge of Java frameworks and libraries (Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, JDBC, JMS, JMX, etc.) would be an advantage
- Prior knowledge of in-memory data grids (GemFire, Coherence, Terracotta, Gigaspaces, etc) would be an advantage
- Prior Knowledge and hands on experience with the Apache Hadoop stack or Pivotal HD or Cloudera CDH 4, including HDFS, Oozie, Pig and Hive would be an advantage
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English is required
Job Reference: PEA02062016
Salary: £750 - £850 per day