Solution Architect – London – £70k / £90k plus 20% bonus and bens
Our client, a telecoms orginisation is looking for a dynamic Solution Architect, who will be responsible for shaping the architecture and evolution. The ideal Soloution Architect will provide architectural design and governance in support of projects and programmes that have delivery across their delivery teams and across all architectural domains. As a Solution Architect you will play a vital role in developing unique capabilities and accelerating projects and programmes delivery.
- Definition of high level E2E solution architecture and design to ensure successful delivery to requirements
- Shaping end to end solution architecture and design propositions
- Defining solutions that facilitate fast realisation of business benefits
- Contribute to the definition of the IT strategy and alignment of projects to it
- Manage, engage and be known by stakeholders across our global organisation
- Actively manage risk to ensure successful delivery of business plan
- Developing solutions which maximise overall business value and minimise time to benefit realisation
- Ensure that solutions consider longer-term technical debt and impact on pertinent roadmaps
- Ensure that plans exist and are executed to retire and replace tactical solutions where these are deployed for short-term business gain
- Maintain relationships with vendors to keep abreast of product development and roadmaps – ensuring relevant supplier relationship managers are kept informed
- Working with consumers of documented materials to ensure they are fit-for-purpose and clearly understood
- Working with colleagues to ensure the enterprise-wide impact of any change is considered
- Supports defining the approach to testing and integration with delivery teams
- Working with the PMO / Business change community to provide appropriate levels of challenge and oversight to the overall lifecycle process
- Architecture governance and support across the SDLC
Skills and Experience Required
- Technology background (probably programming/engineering in Java or .Net) and will have at least 10 years’ experience in IT, of which at least 5 would be Solution Architecture focused.
- Must be hands on and comfortable to operate at multiple levels (conceptual, logical and implementation)
- Expert technical skills and experience that will enable production of good architectural solutions and designs.
- Must have real experience in producing standard SDLC architectural designs including Impact Assessments, Compliance Assessment, Conceptual Architectures, logical High Level Designs (HLD’s), and physical LLD’s.
- Deep understanding of the technologies that are relevant to the applications they work on. These may cover standards, features and products that could be exploited and leveraged.
- Broad understanding of all aspects of information systems and deep understanding of specific area(s) of specialisation.
- Must be able to assess and quantify the risks associated with their design decisions. Is able to understand and communicate the implications of new technologies.
- Is an authority on the systems development life-cycle and typical problems associated with the implementation of information systems, from initial concept through development and implementation to operation and in life support
- Has detailed practical knowledge of the organisation’s IT infrastructure and software development and maintenance methods, tools and techniques.
- Has a sound knowledge of risk assessment, change management, configuration management, reliability and safety methods and the use of metrics.
- Varied, demonstrable experience in a high pressure, short delivery environment (desired 3 years + experience).
- Demonstrates clear leadership skills and excellent stakeholder engagement and management, including ability to influence, persuade and negotiate.
- IT or telecommunications/data communication experience within a medium to large organisation.
- Experience of in-house and vendor supplied application concepts and application layers.
- Experience in migrating applications from one environment to another.
- Systems integration experience in complex legacy environments.
- Commercial understanding of a complex IT environment and analysis and design experience on complex projects.
- Experience across the software development life-cycle.
- Can absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understands and communicates the role and impact of information systems in the organisation.
- Ability to appreciate the development and maintenance considerations of architectural decisions, and apply these to architectural and design decisions.
- Experience with both packaged and custom build software.
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills including presentation and workshop facilitation.
- Proven ability and commitment to work collaboratively toward common goals.
- Possess effective planning and problem-solving skills.
- Equally comfortable operating from within both the technology and business environments.
- Demonstrable leadership and excellent relationship management skills.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter as well as being able to work effectively as part of a team with excellent inter-personal skills.
Job Reference: JO-1610-90580
Salary: £70000.00 - £95000.00 per annum