OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
You will be part of a technical, driven team with the responsibility for legacy, current and future solutions – both internal and external – ensuring the success of the company. Supported by various teams for network, infrastructure etc, the role ultimately covers every aspect of the stack.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide 3rd line platform support across the company’s platforms
- Enterprise level Linux expert working with HA technologies to provide continuous service.
- Work pro-actively to identify and expand the technical solutions to fit the business and customers’ needs
- Re-actively work towards minimal downtime by using best practice, in-place Zabbix and external monitoring and using their experience to educate the team if current process is delinquent
- Provide support to customers as required
- Respond to calls logged via JIRA and the Service Desk in a timely manner in accordance with the SLA, keeping detailed records of actions and closing details.
- Administer, maintain and support existing bespoke developed applicationssystems flows
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers and manufacturers to escalate and resolve issues as required
- Specify and install new standard software/hardware as required
- Ensure compliance with their IT Acceptable Use Policy
- Undertake regular reviews of all system logs and resolve any issues identified
- Make any system changes in accordance with their change management procedures
- Ensure all relevant documentation is updated as required
- Create and maintain automated software installation processes
- Primary Technical: Solid Linux (Centos/Ubuntu) admin, both hosted and AWS, Apache/Nginx, Tomcat 7, Java debugging, shell scripting, TCP networking (config, routing, troubleshooting, DNS)
- Secondary Technical: CI technologies, Virtualisation, CI maintenance, SQL, Windows Admin, Load Balancer technology, ElasticSearch
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills, Ability to work as part of a multinational team
- Business Awareness: Thorough knowledge of the full business process, production tasks and the range of services offered. Commercially sensitive.
- Organisation & Planning: Able to plan and organise human and physical resources effectively, understanding and empathising the business requirements while sometimes conflicting
- Problem solving: Logical problem solver, can work on own initiative
* Open: Encourages effective two-way communication at all levels
- Flexible: Reacts positively to new ideas and suggestions
- Responsive: Seeks to meet changing requirements within commercial parameters, works with urgency and speed and ensures deadlines are met Self-starter able to work under minimum supervision; Able to ask for assistance and guidance readily when required
- Professional: Develops and maintains high standards of performance, conduct and behaviour personally and across the team
- Committed: Demonstrates company values and champions achievement of business objectives
Job Reference: JO-1611-91317
Salary: £60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + benefits
Job Start Date: 19/12/2016