IT Project Manager – Banking / Clearing Experience – London
Rate: £450 per day
Length: 6 months
*****Interviews this week*****
- With the successes of last year, my client is looking to urgently hire an IT Project Manager to join the applications team which is made up of (Developers, QA, UX , Technical Business analyst).
- This IT project manager MUST have experience leading / running IT Teams in a Matrix environment
- The IT Project Manager must have experience working with IT and speaking to developers / coders but also must be able to work with the business and manage stakeholder.
- The position reports to a Senior Programmer Manager, responsible for delivering functional changes to the settlement system.
- The IT Project Manager will lead, plan and deliver a one or more projects (depending on size) at various stages within the project lifecycle. Examples of projects might include: creating new links with central banks; improving the service for collective investments; creating new transaction capture interfaces with external business partners; enhancing technical infrastructures to cope with larger volumes.
Skills: IT Project Manager – Banking / Clearing Experience – London
- Experience in wholesale financial markets, ideally with some knowledge of settlement of UK equities or bonds.
- Experience of handling a combined workload of small enhancements.
- Proven track record of leading projects encompassing all stages of the life-cycle from requirements through design and build to testing, acceptance and launch.
- Experienced in the detail of project planning tools such as MS Project, and willing to adapt to new ones. Ideally, certified in a recognised Project Management method – e.g. Prince2 or PMI.
- Assertive, pragmatic, tenacious, keeps track of detail, has a “can do” spirit to get the job done.
- Able to efficiently produce fluent English progress reports and meeting minutes.
- Able to operate effectively with both senior and junior colleagues in a matrix management environment.
- Self-managing, self-motivated, team player.
- Skilled influencer, negotiator, diplomat, able to resolve conflicts.
- Having sufficient appreciation of accounting concepts to ensure the financial aspects of business cases are sound in both benefit and cost terms.
- Able to coach less experienced staff so as to get the best out them
Please can you send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com
Job Skill: IT Project Manager, Matrix, developers, Coders, Stakeholder, prince 2, Coders, developers, IT Project Manager, Matrix, prince 2, Stakeholder