Project Manager – Investment Banking / SETTLEMEMT SYSTEM/ Equities / Bonds – London
Rate: £400 – £450 per day
Length: 6 months + extension
- My client is a Global Bank who are based in the City of London. The client is looking to The Project Manager / Leader (PL) who will lead, plan and deliver a one or more projects (depending on size) at various stages within the project lifecycle.
- Examples of projects might include: creating new links with central banks; improving the CREST service for collective investments; creating new transaction capture interfaces with external business partners; enhancing technical infrastructures to cope with larger volumes.
- In delivering these projects the Project Manager / lead will make extensive use of related teams within other departments and must build relationships internally and externally on a win-win basis.
- The Project Manager / Lead responsibilities include production of a range of reporting and management controls in accordance with Group and local standards.
- The Project Manager / Lead will also be involved in pre-project work leading to proposals being submitted to the appropriate level of senior management authorisation committees.
Responibsilities: Project Manager – Investment Banking / SETTLEMEMT SYSTEM/ Equities / Bonds – London
- Working with business areas to ensure the set-up of new projects according to a sound business case which results in a good balance of scope/benefits, project cost, delivery time-scale and risk.
- Collation of team estimates and dependencies into overall project budgets and detailed project plans with confirmed resources.
- Setting up the correct project governance and organisation with teams throughout
- Ownership of the plans for ensuring progress and for reporting against the baseline. Monitoring and tracking project deliveries; both local colleagues or from external parties.
- Resolving and closing down of project issues.
- Identifying risks and proposing suitable mitigating actions in line with the banks risk management standards.
- Operating the systems development life-cycle to ensure a reliable approach to quality.
- Working closely with other members of the Programme Management/Project Team and with Corporate Technology to ensure the overall programme of work for the division is delivered in an optimum manner for the benefit of the whole group.
- Working with any external vendors such as our outsourced software developers, and preparing contractual documents required for procurement.
Experience: Project Manager – Investment Banking / SETTLEMEMT SYSTEM/ Equities / Bonds
- Proven track record of leading projects encompassing all stages of the life-cycle from requirements through design and build to testing, acceptance and launch.
- Experience in wholesale financial markets, ideally with some knowledge of settlement of UK equities or bonds.
- Experience of handling a combined workload of small enhancements.
- Experienced in the detail of project planning tools such as MS Project, and willing to adapt to new ones. Ideally, certified in a recognised Project Management method – e.g. Prince2 or PMI.
- Assertive, pragmatic, tenacious, keeps track of detail, has a “can do” spirit to get the job done.
- Able to efficiently produce fluent English progress reports and meeting minutes.
- Able to operate effectively with both senior and junior colleagues in a matrix management environment.
- Self-managing, self-motivated, team player.
- Skilled influencer, negotiator, diplomat, able to resolve conflicts.
- Having sufficient appreciation of accounting concepts to ensure the financial aspects of business cases are sound in both benefit and cost terms.
- Able to coach less experienced staff so as to get the best out them.
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to Eobiechefu@welovesalt.com or call me on 0207 928 2525
Salary: £400 - £450 per day