Digital Product Owner (Online, Agile, Scrum, Retail) – Global Online Retailer / Sports Brand – Germany
Salary: €60,000 – €70,000 + Bonus + Benefits + Relocation Package
My client is a global retailer who are going through some exciting times at present. They are going through a digital transformation and thus a new requirement has arisen for a Digital Product Owner from an online retail background.
- This position will work on the development of an engaging, innovative and premium shopping experience for our consumers globally by focusing on driving strong commercial results in a brand enhancing way.
- Your primary responsibility is to execute against the global .com strategy for your product area to ensure that our sites have the necessary tools, templates and features to deliver the best branded shopping experience.
- You will accomplish this by working in a scrum team and with various internal stakeholders, including IT, local markets, UX and Analytics to drive consumer engagement and satisfaction, as well as incremental revenues by delivering digital experiences.
- The aim is to transform the client’s respective brands and websites into a premium shopping experience over the course of the coming years.
- This will be defined as a best in class shopping, browsing and post purchase experience leveraging existing and new capabilities to their maximum potential and generating value for our consumers.
Key Responsibilities: Digital Product Owner (Online, Agile, Retail) – Global Online Retailer / Sports Brand – Germany
Owning, prioritizing and facilitating the refinement of your product backlog to ensure that the product team are delivering the right enhancements to drive consumer and business value.
- Owning the vision of the product, inline with the overall .com and strategic vision.
- Represent the business for the ‘product’ area, fostering strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that their views and requirements are captured in the product backlog and they are engaged throughout the product sprint development process.
- Accountable for monitoring, optimisation and enhancement of configuration, features and functionalities related to the product area.
- Accountable for ensuring the quality of releases on the product area, testing and validating that the requirements are met and ultimately accepting the work of the team before going live onto .com.
- Utilizing data sources and feedback loops such as A/B Testing and consumer testing to ensure the right enhancements are worked on by the team.
- Drive best practice guidance of site features and templates.
- Playing a key part in continually improving the ways of working with the product team and wider .com team, ultimately leading an increase in release capacity and quality of the end experience.
- Management and development of direct team report(s).
Knowledge and skills: Digital Product Owner (Online, Agile, Retail) – Global Online Retailer / Sports Brand – Germany
- Product Owner experience in a digital or ecommerce team.
- Proven track record that can be demonstrated with examples of own work the ability to create innovative digital experiences and concepts that meet business and product strategies based on rigorous analysis of customer needs, the current technology landscape and the competitive environment.
- Solutions-oriented approach, an entrepreneurial mind-set focused on bringing consumer web experiences to life through close collaboration and teamwork across diverse functional teams.
- Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies including user profile management, ecommerce systems, content management platforms, product catalog platforms, messaging platforms, and social platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable presenting to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely.
- Avid focus on best practices across the industry, ensuring we stay relevant and ahead of consumer expectations.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage direct reports, plan team growth, conduct development activities and advocate the value of a strong consumer experience on .com with internal and external colleagues.
Experience: Digital Product Owner (Online, Agile, Retail) – Global Online Retailer / Sports Brand – Germany
- University Degree, with a focus on eCommerce, digital, business or web design/optimization.
- At least 5-8 years’ experience working in a Digital and/or eCommerce environment.
- 5+ years working as a Product Owner or product management related role, preferably in an Agile working setup.
- Experience working with stakeholders at various seniority levels as well as subject matter experts across various functions (Developers, business stakeholders, product and marketing teams, etc)
- Experience presenting and creating strong internal business cases to support investment and internal resource requests.
- Familiarity with A/B testing or other multivariate testing.
- Experience with web analytics software such as Google analytics/Adobe.
Please send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to Eobiechefu@welovesalt.com or call me on 0207 928 2525
Salary: €60000 - €70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits + Relocation Package