Headcount / Cost Manager – Banking – Brussels
Rate: 500 – 550 per day
Length: 12 months (this contract will last for years)
My client is based in Brussels and they are keen to hire a Headcount/ Cost Manager on a long-term contract. The last person in this role was there for 4 years contracting.
Headcount / Cost manager will provide direction to operating and senior management on matters involving Headcount cost related problems. The Headcount/ Cost Manager will participate in the senior management decision making process, and use sound judgment to influence decisions related to the workforce.
- As a Headcount / Cost manager you will provide guidelines for cost models that are used for business decisions.
- The Headcount / Cost Manager will participate in the development of multi year financial forecasts and related budgets, considering alternative scenarios and economic prospects as appropriate.
- You will oversee the preparation of budgets and forecasts of Headcount costs. You will actively manage your stakeholders to provide timely input to the PBF process. You will provide support to maintain forecast models used in the division.
- You will participate in the dynamic of the team and work together with the other financial analysts. As a senior cost manager, you will motivate the people to bring quality deliverables.
- You are involved in customizing policies, procedures, and driving best practices in the area of financial controlling.
- You will validate the recording of personnel costs in the P&L. You will provide financial analysis, interpretation of variances from budgets and standards, and advise to management.
- You will monitor the consumption of the budget and report to senior management. You will liaise with HR and Corporate Procurement on the status of the hiring of employees and contractors
- You will conduct special studies and analyses such as work-in-house vs market standard costs.
Experience: Headcount / Cost Manager – Banking – Brussels
- Planning & coordinating to deliver on time results
- Influence decisions based on own sound judgment
- Finance background
- IT awareness to collaborate with IT experts
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Lead continuous improvement projects and drive innovation at process level
- Motivate and inspire people in the team and across teams
- Work with a high level of autonomy and professionalism
- Build trusted relationships across teams
- Manage conflict to positive resolution
- Flexible and open to challenges
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact with senior management and to bring across high-level fit-for-purpose messages (i.e. adapted to the audience)
- Knowledge of TM1 (IBM tool) is a plus
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: €500 - €600 per day