My client an award-winning agency seeks a Digital PR Specialist to work across a range of their flagship accounts out of their new London offices.
- Work closely with the Community & Engagement Manager and Senior Outreach Specialist to deliver PR campaigns across key media channels
- Secure and manage relevant media and PR partnerships to extend reach
- Generate organic links and citations as well as build natural buzz and shares
- Develop and maintain strong personal relationships with key publishers and influencers (journalists, bloggers and PRs), entailing identification of publishers through social media/link analysis, use of journalist databases, real engagement with online communities and attending industry events, and relationship building through exclusive content & opportunities, events & seminars.
- To be a main point of contact for all media/PR related inquiries
- Helping to build and drive the PR strategy across all campaigns and clients and identify opportunities for potential coverage on blogs and websites
- Conducting relevant research into strong story/PR/content ideas.
- Work closely with the Outreach and Content team(s) in supporting in the creation and responsible for the publicity delivery of campaign concepts for our clients, ensuring campaigns are delivered in line with the devised strategy and shared efficiently amongst your contacts.
- Maintain and develop the agency’s press and media contact database, as well as creating relevant target contact lists for client campaigns
- Measure and reporting of coverage and PR efforts
- Keeping tabs on what our competitors and client’s competitors are doing within the industry.
- Developing your knowledge in on and off-page SEO
- Whilst we have given an indication of what we expect from you, we also expect you to think outside of this list of words, go and create something special, look for opportunities and come to us with ideas.
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED TO HAVE?
Essential Skills & Experience:
- A strong level of verbal and written communication skills
- Strong copywriting skills, including writing for press releases
- Strong project management skills, with demonstrable experience of working on multiple clients/campaigns/projects
- Good experience within PR either client or agency side, with existing relationships with PR/media contacts (journalists, publishers, bloggers)
- An understanding of SEO, particularly related to off-page SEO factors. What makes sites rank, and how will that change in the future? It’s essential that you have a progressive attitude to SEO.
- Have a strong understanding of the global media landscape
- The ability to engage with new contacts through different mediums and build long lasting and strong relationships
- Have existing experience of strategy, promotion and seeding of client work across social platforms
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of at least two of the following industries Finance, Consumer Technology, B2B Tech, Lifestyle, including having prior relationships with journalists and bloggers in the sector. The ideal candidate could easily reel off the 10 most influential journalists/bloggers in the sector.
- A creative thinker with great written and verbal communication skills, who works well in groups.
- Understanding of what motivates influencers within their given niche
- Methodical, organised (you will work on multiple projects at once), with high attention to detail.
- Cision/Gorkana/Response Source (essential)
- Excel (essential)
- Social media monitoring tools (important)
- Majestic SEO, aHrefs, SEO Moz, Open Site Explorer (useful)
- Photoshop/other graphics packages (useful)
- Salesforce (useful)
WHAT BEHAVIOURS WILL WE BE SEEING?
- Energy and enthusiasm promoting all things PR, Content Marketing, Digital and Social Media.
- Complete ownership and being in control – what’s happening, when, where and what the impact is
- Curiosity – asking questions and finding opportunities, generating ideas and encouraging others to think differently
- Great communication skills – engaging, articulate, passionate and tells a great story
- Constant networker – you’ll be talking about who you’ve met, how you’re connecting these people and what impact it will have, growing contacts and networks constantly
- Constantly talking up the agency, our achievements and our people but always with integrity
- Influencing and changing perceptions of colleagues and clients
- Sharing your knowledge about your expertise, as well as soaking up opportunities for you to learn new skills
If interested in applying, email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: £27000 - £32000 per annum + benefits
Job Skill: Digital, Public Relations, marketing, SOCIAL MEDIA, account management, Client Service, SEO, PPC, creative, Content, Strategy, PR, Outreach, Influencers