A Multi-Award-Winning healthcare IT leader is looking for a Senior Data Engineer with five plus year’s experience to join their team.
The successful candidate will be supporting the design, implementation, and maintenance of data flow channels and data processing systems that support the collection, storage, batch and real-time processing, and analysis of information from structured and unstructured sources in a scalable, repeatable and secure manner. He/She implements data management standards and practices.
- Work with stakeholders to understand needs for data structure, availability, scalability and accessibility
- Support translation of data business needs into technical system requirements
- Identify opportunities for improvements and optimisation
- Build data flow channels and processing systems to extract, transform, load and integrate data from various sources
- Develop complex code, scripts and data pipelines to process structured and unstructured data
- Assist with integration of data systems into existing infrastructure
- Test data system configurations to increase efficiency
- Support the handling and logging of errors
- Monitor data system performance
- Automate data collection and analysis processes
- Develop tools to improve data flows between internal/external systems and the data lake/warehouse
- Contribute to defining data retention policies
- Able to administer, design, develop, validate, deploy and maintain ETL tool such as Informatica
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Degree/Master in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in providing data warehouse or advanced analytics solutions, especially in designing large Big Data technologies or analytics solutions.
- Demonstrate good, in-depth knowledge in relevant Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) hardware/software products, frameworks and methodologies
- Experience with
- Databases (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, Teradata,)
- ETL development using Informatica
- Data repository design (e.g. operational data stores, dimensional data stores, data marts)
- Data interrogation techniques (e.g. SQL, NoSQL).
- Structured and unstructured data analytics.
- Data quality tools and processes.
- Data transformation and terminology equivalence mapping.
- Experience in data modelling for analytics (e.g. star schemas, snowflake schemas).
- Deep understanding of analytical models and methodologies – especially in the context of health analytics for clinical use and clinical safety (e.g. data mining, predictive analytics).
- Experience with data acquisition tools (e.g., ETL, real-time data capture, and change data capture).
- Comfortable working independently to carry out data analysis, estimate data quality and sufficiency.
- Understanding and analysing huge volumes of data drawn from heterogeneous sources / repositories. Experience in working with Big Data technologies / solutions would be preferred.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools (i.e. Tableau, Microstrategy).
- Advance knowledge of Excel features and techniques required for the presentation of data.
- The ability to work towards strict and conflicting deadlines be able to plan and prioritise in an environment with multiple stakeholders.
Ong Li Lian
Principal Consultant – Technology
Registration ID 1107338
SALT Search Pte Ltd – EA 05C4494
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-1907-150660
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: Data & Analytics
Job Locations: Singapore
Job Types: Permanent