A large, innovative organisation in Melbourne’s CBD are looking for a UI/UX Lead to join their mature design department.
The company offers a range of impressive employee perks and benefits and are committed to creating a great work culture with ongoing training and support.
Current working arrangements are mostly from home, with 1-2 days a fortnight in the office.
You’ll be the sign-off point for all mobile designs before they go to the developers, managing influencing and being the custodian for design delivery. You’ll give feedback on the UX as well as the UI, so ideally you’ll have proven experience in both as well as strong stakeholder management skills and leadership experience.
- Facilitation of inclusive design and consistency across digital services
- Providing design direction and mentorship to a team of designers
- Providing formal sign-off for delivery into production
- Proactively identifying opportunities and lead improvements regarding tools, processes, ways of working and delivery efficiencies and quality
- Engaging with and managing key stakeholders to identify, influence and align initiatives to avoid duplication to ensure a consistent experience within and across digital services
- Influencing the strategic direction for the service
- Encouraging a cross-functional community of collaboration to deliver enterprise-wide solutions
Your Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional working knowledge of design processes, methodologies, principles, tools and systems
- Experience in leading and mentoring designers on multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Strong portfolio demonstrating intuitive and user-friendly native mobile designs (iOS and Android)
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills to influence outcomes
- Ability to lead design workshops, co-design sessions and retros
- Excellent design skills to create artefacts such as design systems, wireframes, prototypes, user flows etc.
- Proficient within agile environments, using relevant practices and principles
- Able to guide and influence design decisions to reflect customer and business needs
- Mentoring / coaching role
- Collaborative working environment
- Large, mature design practice
- Work with some of Melbourne’s best design talent
- Join a low-ego team
- Good work / life balance
- Regular team building events
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2104-199895
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: 14/06/2021
Job Industries: Creative
Job Locations: Melbourne
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: mobile iOS Android design app UX UI user experience digital visual lead coach mentor