Product Marketing plays a critical role in the successful launch and ongoing growth of this organisations expansion into Australia from the UK. The ideal candidate is a natural leader and is the evangelist of a product, both internally and externally with clients, customers and partners. As the “Owner” of the product, the Product Marketing Manager is responsible for everything about the product, from its competitive positioning, its customer value proposition, its launch planning, its sales and customer service content, and even how it is marketed. No one will know more and do more for the success of a product than the Product Marketing Manager.
Do you have what it takes?
What is the product?
In a snapshot… domain name registry and registrar services as well as web-hosting & domain parking.
- Documenting existing product offerings, technically and commercially as well as the process and experience within their fulfilment platform
- Developing product positioning and messaging that differentiates products in each market segment and resonates with target customers and partners.
- Creating compelling product content that communicates the value proposition of the products and services, such as product collateral, whitepapers, articles, technical briefs, and presentations.
- Providing research on target segments, where they are, how they buy, their budgets, and their buying criteria. Ensuring that the product selling process matches the buyer’s buying process.
- Constantly listening to customer and market feedback on new and existing features, services, and complimentary service and support.
- Understanding the competition and providing documented intelligence and guidance on how to win in the market to strategic business leaders. Monthly monitoring, reporting against key competitors.
- Being a subject-matter-expert on the product and evangelizing the product online and in-person.
You are ambitious and want to prove yourself as a natural leader and collaborator that gets things done well and with a high degree of quality. You’re both a big-picture thinker, that possesses a unique blend of both business and technical savvy, and analytically minded and like to get into the data to better understand the opportunity.
Your Experience and Skills:
- Five (5)+ years in Sales, Marketing, Business Analysis, or Product Management
- Exposure or direct experience in marketing software or applications
- Experienced a launch of a new product or service as one of the critical team members
- Experience within a lean, startup environment & dealing with internal stakeholders (internal & external)
Bonus criteria include:
- Worked in a domain or web hosting, shared hosting, or ecommerce application environment.
- Technical understanding of software architecture and processes is a bonus but not required
Interview now & get started in the New Year.
Up to $190,000 + Super.
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2011-196034
Salary: AU$160000.00 - AU$190000.00 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: Marketing
Job Locations: Sydney
Job Types: Permanent