- Initial 6-month contract, with room for extension
- Melbourne, CBD
- Well established market leader
- Rate of $700-800/day Including super, depending on experience
Salt is seeking an experienced Database Administrator that has extensive experience using Informix to uplift the competency of the organisations data platform. This role will be working across a large-scale digital uplift, which will allow you to demonstrate your technical capabilities across data and cloud migrations.
- Build stable and scalable technological solutions to address a variety of business problems; applying relevant policies, standards, best practice, and architectural strategy to ensure the resilience and longevity of systems and solutions.
- Installing and upgrading the database server and application using Informix.
- Engineer system upgrades and large-scale system integration’s to documented standards.
- Develop written procedures, engineering drawings, and other technical documentation to support effective implementation and business continuity.
- Lead the delivery of the day to day functions of a database administrator including creating, maintaining, and scheduling tasks, monitoring databases, backup/restore functions, performance tuning, capacity planning.
- Deliver technical expertise to technological solution projects, including pre project to ensure risks, inter-dependencies and exceptions are identified, mitigated, or escalated and solutions are formulated in alignment with the architecture.
- Act as an escalation point for the resolution of technology problems and events; collaborating with internal and external partners to resolve highly complex problems.
- Develop high level conceptual approaches, technical recommendations and estimates to support the transition of system designs into operation and draft timely, succinct reports and briefings for the role supervisor, Service Delivery Manager, and other senior managers within the organisation.
- Work with key stakeholders, vendor representatives, other IT teams / experts to gather requirements and ensure system designs meet current and future business / user requirements.
- IBM training that focused primarily on a core Data Servers Training that apply to Informix.
- 5 years + experience across Informix, managing & uplifting the competency of the core database platform.
- Provide ongoing monitoring, evaluation, and analysis of the database environments to provide optimum performance.
- Solid experience in database recovery based on SLA’s.
- Define and implement enterprise backup & recovery procedures and ensure regular review, analysis and reporting of system availability.
- Strong exposure to working across cloud environments such AWS OR Azure.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please click on the apply button below, or please send Dash your latest CV to email@example.com with a snapshot of what you have previously done.
I will be looking to speak with candidates immediately as this is a critical role.
Please be mindful that due to the high volume of applications things may take slightly longer, however I will do my best endeavours to get through all profiles accordingly.
Salt is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2006-190429
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 6 Months
Job Start Date: 1/07/2020
Job Industries: Technology
Job Locations: Melbourne
Job Types: Contract