The Senior Software/Data Engineer is an expert in the use of specific technologies and the software development discipline. The lead developer will be responsible for code reviews and will be the technology confidant to the engineering manager for one or more engineering scrum teams to help plan, deliver and support service features that deliver customer value and/or mature service capability.
- Shape, Design, Develop, Implement & Support Software Delivery in alignment with the roadmap
- Provide performance tuning/recommendations for services and infrastructure.
- Continually learning and applying best practice in coding relevant data lake architecture
- Enhance availability, performance and stability of services as well as automating away repetitive work.
- Providing technical mentoring and guidance to less experienced members of development team
- Execute & Drive hands-on design, maximise and implementation of best practice CI/CD across the enterprise.
- Champion a CI/CD mindset and corresponding cultural transformation.
- Work with delivery teams to achieve success through the adoption of CI/CD and DevOps practices, processes and tooling.
- Coaching & mentoring of team to uplift skills and knowledge to perform their role to be compliant with FSRA requirements and external legislation in a professional and ethical manner.
- 15+ years Technology experience
- 10+ years in application development and / or support roles
- Software Delivery technical skills such as CI/CD, Automated Deployments, Automated Testing, Build Servers, Software / Source Code Configuration Management.
- Solid experience in large scale data transformation, design and solution delivery experience of high-quality data processing pipelines and solutions in a professional services environment.
- Expertise in designing and building maintainable and scalable end to end big data solutions in HDFS, Kafka, Apache Spark, Hive, EMR and Python or other similar tools.
- Extensive knowledge of core AWS data services such as: S3, RDS, Redshift, Glue, Athena, DynamoDB, EMR, Kinesis, Kinesis Firehouse.
- Workflow tools such as JIRA / Rally
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2103-198782
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: Technology
Job Locations: Melbourne
Job Types: Permanent