We are searching for an experienced Splunk Engineer that will be responsible for the architecture, installation, administration, and development of Splunk log aggregation, parsing, and alert monitoring. You will enhance client infrastructure supporting application and server data, reporting, custom queries, dashboards, and security roles administration.
- Act as a Splunk enterprise Subject Matter Expert
- Architect, design, support, and maintain high availability, distributed, multi-clustered and multi-tenant Splunk deployment
- Maintain strategic Splunk architectural development roadmap
- Responsible for Splunk deployment and server infrastructure analysis, optimization and capacity planning
- Responsible for onboarding and maintaining a wide variety of data sources to include various OS, appliance, and application logs
- Support Splunk on Unix, Linux and Windows-based platforms
- Perform data mining and analysis, using various query and reporting methods
- Solve/troubleshoot complex integration challenges and configuration issues
- Create advanced searches, dashboards, visualizations
- Manage Splunk knowledge objects
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs
- Strong understanding of all Splunk architecture components to include search head clustering, indexer clustering, deployment server and monitoring console.
- 5+ Years working in an enterprise IT environment
- 3+ years administering or developing Splunk
- Experience working with internal stakeholders, IT department and business level
- Strong understanding of configuration files and relationship between GUI configuration and backend configuration file impact
- Knowledge of advanced search and reporting commands
- Strong understanding of SPL as well as the ability to develop automated search and apps using Python or bash/perl/shell scripting
- Demonstrated ability to create complex dashboards, forms, and visualizations
- Understanding of System Log Files and other structured and non-structured data
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that include the ability to describe highly technical concepts in non-technical terms
If you have the necessary experience and qualifications and believe you would be a great fit for this position, apply now!
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2002-157110
Salary: AU$140000.00 - AU$173000.00 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Technology
Job Locations: Sydney
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: splunk