Windows Systems Administrator (Server Build/Powershell/VMWare) – Nottingham
Duration: 6 months
Day rate: £250 – £375
As a Windows Systems Administrator you will be responsible for documentation, deployment and troubleshooting of the complete IT environments including, but not limited to Windows 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, Automated Server Build, VMWare and some Powershell. We are looking for someone with at least 3 + years’ experience of working in similar roles.
The goal of this position is to provide infrastructure delivery and support for our Windows estate. You will deliver high quality solutions as part of a projects team, working to agreed standards and timescales under an Agile framework. You will also be responsible for determining methods and procedures on technology deployment. It is expected that there will be an equal focus on both service and security and an awareness of both is essential.
- Delivers incident resolution and problem management to the server estate
- Project delivery and service migrations.
- BAU work on behalf of technical and business teams.
- Perform remediation on computer hardware, software, and firmware, or make changes to systems management software, to improve performance and eliminate problems.
- Patching and vulnerability Management.
- Performance tuning and management.
- Adherence to ITIL standards and processes
- Will be required to work outside normal hours.
- Technical Skills – Core
- Windows OS 2008 – 2019
- Active Directory
- VMWare Operation
- Scripting technology
- HPE Servers
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience working in a systems administrator function
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems (Windows 2008, 2019)
- Working knowledge of server virtualization (VMware ESXi)
- Experience supporting remote locations is preferable
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with internal/external customers, vendors and senior management
- Excellent organizational & project management skills
- McAfee Security Products
- Cloud Technologies (AWS / Azure)
- Database Technologies
- Working knowledge of Agile.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and experience with ticket tracking software, specifically Service Now.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and implement technology and/or cost/process improvements.
- Ability to work without direction.
- Flexibility in working hours as out of hours’ delivery will be required
Job Reference: JO-2104-199326_1617964541
Salary: £250 - £375 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 6 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Technology
Job Locations: Nottingham
Job Types: Contract