Remote role – Application Security Engineer – AZURE
Application Security Engineer – Cloud experience (preferably Azure), Containerisation Docker & Kubernetes), Version control systems (preferably Git), Microservices & Messaging-based architectures
We are looking for a professional Security Engineer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to bring in-depth technical knowledge and demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills.
You will have a large amount of autonomy to do what is needed to succeed, a clear and meaningful purpose, and backing to demonstrate mastery of the trade.
You will also have the support and freedom to employ industry-leading engineering practices, with a clear focus on customer needs.
- As a Security Engineer, you will work with other engineers to provide guidance, support and expertise in the security of web and mobile applications.
- You will be primarily working with a cloud-based microservices architecture, and therefore experience in these areas is vital.
- You must have a strong security-focused mindset, understanding core IT security principles and best practices, but also be able to identify risk profiles and to evaluate which areas require the most attention and priority.
- The ideal candidate will; Be technically adept and have a deep hands-on knowledge of security in web-based technologies, using a Microservice architecture.
- Be knowledgeable in managing vulnerabilities of cloud-based applications, specifically in a containerised environment (i.e. Docker & Kubernetes).
- Be able to clearly articulate the cause and effect of specific security vulnerabilities to others, and help to determine appropriate mitigations.
- Have experience in planning, developing, implementing and maintaining a software security strategy. Have experience of large scale distributed systems and act as an authority within the engineering team to champion engineering best practices and help maintain a high standard of quality around security practises.
- Verify and assess the security of third-party vendors
- Engineering designs for new software solutions to help mitigate vulnerabilities
- Improvement of software development life cycle
- Improvement of software development pipelines security
- Analyse and investigate security incidents and bug bounties reports
- Performing on-going web security testing / pentest, vulnerability assessments and code review
- Development and automation of internal security tools Performing threat modelling
Technical skill set needed – Cloud experience (preferably Azure), Containerisation Docker & Kubernetes), Version control systems (preferably Git), Microservices & Messaging-based architectures
Job Reference: JO-2007-192113
Salary: £70000.00 - £85000.00 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: Cyber Security Jobs
Job Locations: Europe
Job Types: Permanent