We have partnered with an exciting start-up in the eCommerce sector that focuses on developing and simplifying the task of running e-commerce systems. They have recently landed two large projects and now require a Shopify Developer to join their growing team! This is a challenging opportunity that will see you wearing a broad range of hats, from hands-on coding to client meetings and RFQs.
The business primarily focuses on 5 key areas managing the process from end to end:
- Technical Strategy
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Analytics/ Platform Performance
This is an exciting time to join as the team will be built out around your successes and proven ability to lead from the front.
Break down of key responsibilities:
- Design engaging and effective e-commerce stores (including PDPs, category, and marketing landing pages) based on direction from the client.
- Working closely with the Product Owner to understand the business requirements, project features, and functions, create technical documentation for reference and reporting and provide technical solutions.
- Being involved in requirement definition, UX/UI, designs, and overall solution design
- Empower the use of best practices across the team to ensure the solution is efficient, reliable, scalable, and reusable
- Conducting peer reviews to ensure code quality, standards, and best practices
- Provides the team a roadmap for implementing agile software engineering practices for higher code quality
- Familiar with DevOps best practices and able to ensure an optimal code versioning process (branching, merging, and releasing)
- Able to manage workload and priorities to deliver quality code agreed-upon project milestones
- Responsibility for reviewing and assessing the viability of Shopify apps
- Work collaboratively with 3rd parties to identify the best solution of integrating them into the whole ecosystem
Key skills and requirements:
- Proven 7+ years experience as a Shopify Software Developer working on Shopify themes or front end development components
- Desirable experience of working with Shopify Plus and on international stores in a multi-store and multi-language environment
- Experience working with 3rd party services and APIs – specifical plugins for Shopify
- Ability to write clean, readable code and tests
- Deep understanding of cross-browser/device/platform issues and code solutions
- Team player with the ability to work within a highly collaborative company and proven experience of working in an Agile environment
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Ability to effectively perform high volume workloads with tight deadlines
- Experience working with code versioning tools such as Github
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude with high attention to detail
This is a real opportunity to help a start-up develop and be part of future success and growth.
If this sounds interesting and you want to know more, call Tom Aldis now for a confidential conversation! 0755157389 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: JO-2104-199929
Salary: £55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: 31/05/2021
Job Industries: Software Engineering Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent