WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (SOURCING & SKILLS EVOLUTION) – Banking – Brussels
Rate: 700 – 900 per day
Duration: 6 months + extension + remote working
SOURCING & SKILLS EVOLUTION – WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
Context and environment:
My client is a global Belgium-based provider of Financial Market Infrastructure (FMI) services, specializing in the settlement of domestic and cross-border securities transactions as well as safekeeping investments.
The Technology Strategy, organized around 8 structural transformation pillars, is built to enable the Business Strategy:
Control operational risks
Modernize selectively our core systems
Modernize and rationalize our IT infrastructure
Support Business Development and Digital Products
Support our progressive journey towards becoming a data-driven organization
Modernize our IT operating model
Make the client a Great Place to Work
Optimize the total cost of ownership of technology assets
The IT People Strategy in particular focuses on the strategic actions to make IT a Great Place to Work. One of the main priorities for 2021 is to build a sustainable Workforce Management (WF), around the following 4 exes:
- Sourcing and skills evolution
- Learning paths
- Function framework pyramids
- Career planning
In Sourcing and Skills evolution our ambition is to help the IT Transformation unleash its potential by having the needed skills at the needed time at the right price.
As part of our IT transformation journey, we aim to ensure that our people have the right capabilities (skills, trainings, certifications, etc.) to deliver our strategy:
Sourcing and Skills evolution initiative has been kicked off in order to provide, on an iterative basis, a view of the “as is” and the “to be” and the associated actions to bridge the gaps on the sourcing mix and skill mix.
- Reporting to the Initiative Lead of Sourcing and Skills Evolution, you will mainly be responsible in helping the initiative lead to run and execute pilots across IT Divisions
- You will be responsible to deliver pilots ambitions and consult, guide and work hand in hand with the divisions to map the as-is and to-be; to identify gaps and mitigation actions; to fill in all needed information and set up maintenance and monitoring processes.
- You will need to closely work with team members allocated to other divisional pilots and team members busy with COE activities in order to ensure consistency and best practice sharing across divisional pilots
- You will need to be proactive and anticipate needs from the teams you will be working with
- You will need to produce concrete deliverables within ambitious timelines and quality standards.
- You will need to have self organizing skills as well as strong discipline
- You will need to have excellent communication skills in order to drive the change with the division/s in the pilot/s you will be assigned
- You will need to have excellent skills in Excel, power point
- You will need to have a process improvement mindset as well as be a good fit in an agile working culture
- Main focus of your activities will be to Design, Build and Set up Sustainable practices, approach and processes for Sourcing and Skills Evolution, as integral part of IT Workforce Management.
- You will be providing best practises, bring outside in view and drive the selection of the best option/s for the pilot/s you will be assigned to.
- You will also be responsible of producing the analysis related to the impact of the ongoing transformation on the clients workforce and providing the main takeaways to the Sourcing and Skills Evolution Initiative Lead and IT People Strategy Program manager
As part of the Sourcing and skills evolution initiative team, it will be your responsibility to ensure the appropriate creation of the deliverables related to the divisional pilots as well as contribute to the COE activities in setting up the workforce management processes. You will:
- Map the AS-IS and TO BE view on sourcing mix
- Map the AS-IS and TO BE view on skills mix,
- Analyse Gaps
- Define learning paths and associate people to learning paths
- Define sourcing actions/monitor sourcing mix targets
- Monitor impacts on sourcing and skills mix from IT Transformation activities
- Set up sustainable processes to sustain the above
- Review and take actions on expertise risks
- Produce relevant documentation on the pilots for use within pilot work as well as for future “run” processes
- Produce relevant reporting and results on the pilots for the Initiative Lead
- Based on your own experience as well as work with the pilots you will proactively contribution in implementing a long-term vision for sourcing mix and skills (technical, business, soft skills), and the related topics (Recruitment, up/re/self-skilling, mobility, etc.), in collaboration with Corporate HR.
- Build capabilities needed as part of the COE activities and produce the deliverables in scope for the COE activities by leveraging on your experience as well as work with the pilot/s.
- Safeguard and strengthen sourcing expertise for strategic projects.
- Make sure that what is proposed and implemented is in line with the corporate strategy, Technology strategy, IT people strategy, and social strategy.
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com
Job Reference: JO-2104-199385
Salary: £700 - £900 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 6 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Europe
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: Workforce management Consultant