Role: Data Protection and Privacy (DPP) Manager
Client: Global Consulting Firm
Location: London & Remote
Salary: GBP 50K to 100k + Benefits
You will join our client’s Cyber Practice – part of a global cyber team of 5,000+ professionals focused on developing and delivering cutting edge security transformation programmes, cyber threat management, identity and access management, security architecture, data protection and privacy, and resilience services.
Our client is seeking experienced team members who can assess and deliver secure Privacy and Data Protection services. This role will see you take a key position in delivering Privacy and Data Protection capabilities. You will also be expected to take a supporting role in building out UK Privacy and Data Protection Services, working with alliance partners and advise clients on the current market trends.
The role will see you providing specialist advice as part of large multi-discipline engagement teams working on the likes of Privacy transformation programmes, privacy maturity reviews, crown jewels discovery programmes, DLP implementation programmes or implementing privacy and data protection technologies.
You will work with colleagues in the UK and globally to develop new and innovative privacy services, focusses on emerging legislation and technology as well as maturity existing operations in specific industry propositions that solve client problems/issues and integrates with their overall IT delivery and support strategy.
In addition to the above, you will have an opportunity work across all aspects of Cyber, Technology and business solutions.
Your key responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead engagements and build productive relationships with client stakeholders through project delivery
- Work across a portfolio of DPP engagements with our clients, responsible for the day to day delivery of engagement activity contributing to the achievement of quality, time and budget targets
- Develop the DPP practice by contributing to articles and thought pieces as well as taking part in public speaking engagements at industry events and conferences
- Working with prospective clients on the planning and delivery phase of engagements
- Creating high quality reports as part of a team, for review by engagement and project leaders.
- Identifying sales opportunities and working with senior practice leaders and market leaders in the creation of proposals and marketing material
- Developing junior team members by sharing knowledge, mentoring and coaching them and leading by example
Skills and attributes for success
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
- Be a good communicator with the ability to contribute assuredly to technical security and privacy discussions with peers and
- Be a team player who is not only looking to enhance their own career but recognises the value of teamwork, facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
- Be able to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions.
- Be confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
- Structure and manage projects which meet client expectations and mitigate any risks or issues
To qualify for the role you must have
- Professional experience within a consulting or professional services organisation operating within the DPP space in a management or delivery capacity, with in depth privacy and data protection knowledge – notably of GDPR, UK Privacy Laws and requirements and PECR alongside data protection technologies.
- Ability and proven delivery experience across privacy services including maturity assessment, operating models and strategy, privacy transformation, privacy by design, privacy ethics, training and awareness, consent management, information security considerations, data protection technologies and more.
- Experience working with others in the development and delivery of complex client solutions and/or proposition development
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Security and Privacy relation qualifications such as CIPP/E, CIPP/M or Vendor qualifications on DPP software including DLP
- Experience with Privacy tooling such as TrustArc, Microsoft or OneTrust
- Experience in managing DPP technologies including DLP, Data Discovery, Classification and Encryption
- Key delivery experience in the following disciplines: Privacy (e.g. Record of Processing, assessment, Consent, DSRs), security assurance and assessment, third party management, DLP, Classification and information governance
- Key sector experience in one or more of the following: Government & Public sector / Energy & Utilities / Retail and Consumer products / Life sciences / Telecoms, Media and Technology / Transport
Job Reference: JO-2209-259405
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent