Role: Manager – Healthcare Consulting
Client: Consulting firm
Location: London & Remote
Salary: 60-85k base salary + bonus + benefits
Our client wants to help the NHS and healthcare partners successfully address performance challenges across urgent, elective, and integrated care and in doing so transform the way healthcare services are sustainably delivered.
They are seeking a highly motivated Manager to join their Healthcare team. The successful candidate will help lead and introduce a new patient-centred approach to the delivery of operational improvement into healthcare, which has an end-to-end capability including proprietary tools and innovative service approaches.
The ideal candidate we are looking for is a Manager or Senior Consultant with previous healthcare and consulting experience that will help set the direction, provide the expertise, and ensure a compelling patient-centred offer of support to drive innovative operational improvement practice across NHS Trusts and local integrated care systems.
- The successful candidate will help lead our healthcare team to review and redesign end-to-end patient pathways.
- They will work to deliver sustainable performance improvement, piloting and mainstreaming service and system change that is designed around patient demand, reduces avoidable non-value activity, creates capacity and most importantly, improves patient care and outcomes.
We are looking for:
- Proven ability to lead interdisciplinary project teams and manage consulting work, using a structured, data-driven approach to set programme direction, encourage this approach in others and be able to clearly present information to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of work programmes, ensuring client and programme deliverables are met. Day-to-day client lead ensuring effective work mobilisation, engagement, delivery and close out of consulting programmes. Able to align strategy with operations and comfortable ‘rolling your sleeves up’ to achieve deliverables.
- Proven change management and improvement experience within the NHS and/or healthcare consultancy with sound knowledge of quality and improvement approaches such as design thinking, process improvement and systems thinking.
- Knowledge and experience of leading and delivering complex change programmes in the NHS and associated healthcare settings to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, facilitation and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to effectively manage projects and programmes, work to deadlines and lead teams.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting, trust-based client relationships.
- Appreciation for how change can be better supported using data and digital technology.
Job Reference: JO-2204-254482
Salary: Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent