Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Salt is pleased to partner with a leading Consulting Firm as they grow their Mergers and Acquisitions Consulting practice. We are looking for a M&A Strategy Consultant with 3+ years of relevant consultancy or client-side experience. You will work across:
· Due diligence
· Separations/ Carve-outs
Our service offerings in the M&A space (strategy and execution, commercial and technical due-diligence through to advisory) are aimed at companies where technology is central to their business strategy. You will become part of a highly skilled and driven team, working on both local and international engagements. We expect our high-performing candidates to apply their business, management and technical skills to support our clients across the M&A deal lifecycle, from pre-deal analyses (portfolio and technology assessments) through to post deal features including integrations / separations, depending on projects.
Your primary tasks will include:
– Transaction Execution: Work collaboratively with private equity, banking and corporate clients on the buy- and sell-side to deliver technology and commercial due-diligence (depending on project staffing)
– Gain a deep understanding of IT strategy, architecture, infrastructure and key organizational drivers that help influence excellence in IT, to support the Tech due-diligence projects
Support the Manager and Senior Management by undertaking project management responsibilities
– Support (and where possible lead certain elements) the design, preparation, plan and delivery of engagements in the M&A space, including pre-deal (Technology due-diligence, carve-out planning) post-deal (integration/ separation) and value creation (cost reduction etc.)
Where required, assume ownership of workstreams in blended project delivery teams across the technology practice for projects, supporting engagement managers
– Be fungible to support global teams on projects that expand commercial and technology knowledge base
– Organize and participate in client meetings, supporting the preparation, planning and assisting in the delivery of pitches, RFP’s, RFI’s etc.
Skills and Experience:
– 3-5 years of relevant and related work experience in a consulting / related banking environment, industry role
– Candidates with strong industry experience (start-up’s, scale-up’s etc.) without prior consulting/banking experience or above academic background will be considered (IT Project Manager, Lead BA etc.)
– Proven team player, backed by project management expertise
– Demonstrated interest in the intersection between M&A, strategy and technology
– Ability to present confidently to Executive Management and Boards of Directors
– Willingness to travel as required
– Fluency in English (European languages desirable)