Senior Visual Designer – UI/Brand Design/Consulting
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about design and loves to innovate, create, and build meaningful brand-led, human-centric experiences. You’ll be involved from strategy and planning through to design and execution, becoming an ever-present advocate for the value and impact of design. You’ll help the team to make informed design decisions, placing the needs of the user and the business at the centre of every piece of work.
As part of the growing Experience Consulting team you’ll be working with design researchers, experience strategists and designers to create digital products and services for some of the world’s biggest brands.
As we work with every industry – from government, healthcare, transport, education, through to high street and luxury brands, challenger banks and insurtechs (and everything in-between) – you will also have the opportunity to work with specialists in those fields.
About the role
This role is focused on the design for digital products and services.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you are expected to demonstrate visual design craft: as an individual contributor, as a mentor and guide for more junior colleagues, and as an advocate to clients. You will collaborate with others to design mobile and web user-focused applications, as well as dense information-rich interfaces. You will lead client conversations within your specialism, providing recommendations and helping guide clients to make responsible choices. You will lead more junior team members on projects and contribute to business development through proposal-writing and pitches.
On a typical project you will:
- Work with multidisciplinary teams of Product Owners, Design Researchers, Experience Strategists, Visual Designers, Technologists and industry specialists to create brand-led user interfaces for digital consumer and enterprise products and platforms
- Assist Design Researchers and Experience Designers with user research, interviews, observing usability testing sessions and translating findings into design
- Develop UI components and style guides, and collaborate with others on originating or evolving design systems if required
- Participate in co-creation workshops throughout the product design process, responsible for competitor reviews, concepting ideas that bring the future to life and being a voice of industry innovation and best practice
We will rely on you to:
- Be passionate about design craft, enabling the team to deliver on challenges that are new to them and pushing the boundaries of what can be designed for digital. Be thoughtful and rigorous in your approach, sharing your knowledge around more innovative ways of working together – whether that is resources, tools, products, or ways of working.
- Be a champion of the user, and work to harmonise needs of the user (accessibility, usability) with more emotional values of design.
- Be passionate about cultivating an environment that enables others to be comfortable making bolder creative decisions, and be ready to support more junior designers to advance their careers, develop their skills and broaden their contribution to our clients and the wider design community.
- Believe in better, bringing along positive energy and attitude to every interaction. From an energetic and passionate design approach to sweating the details, to setting the tone with others on how to develop meaningful, respectful and valued relationships with people at all levels.
We want you to have:
- 6+ years of professional visual design experience (although you might have had a different job title, like “UI Designer” or “Digital Designer”)
- Highly developed design skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- Previous experience within an agency, client-side or consultancy working in a collaborative environment
- Experience helping UK and/or Global brands design and deliver digital products and services.
- An energetic and passionate design approach sweating the details – working across devices, touch-points and technologies
- Confident presentation and storytelling abilities
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams as the visual design lead
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods
- A passion for creating products that meet users functional and emotional needs
- Business level ability in English
Job Reference: JO-2203-252472
Salary: £50000.00 - £68000.00 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent