Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
See available jobs in Account/Project/Strategy Manager Jobs
That job has expired – here are some similar roles:
Essential role of the account management team, the role of the Account Manager is instrumental in making the account successful through healthy financial management, great client relationships, effective campaign and project coordination, and positive overall influence within the team. Each day is different, so the Account Manager can read situations, devise and offer a solution to problems that may arise.
Some of the Account Manager’s key attributes:
– Positive and friendly.
– Responsible, driven and confident but not complacent.
– Curious, not afraid to ask questions, or have a point of view.
– A growth mindset, able to take constructive feedback on board to become better.
– Resilient, able to get up from set-backs and grow stronger.
– Not afraid to take a risk.
– Bring your own uniqueness to the team.
– A role model to junior team members.
Areas of expertise:
1.) Financial management:
The Account Manager is responsible for estimating, reconciling and billing campaigns, supporting junior team members in their billing of day to day projects. The Account Manager helps clearing the unbilled projects on the account, with the help of Account Directors and Senior Account Managers, as necessary.
2.) Client liaison & development:
– Proactively and regularly keeps in touch with their global clients, brand leads and roadmap owners, builds and grows the relationship, as a partnership.
– Maintains a healthy balance between fulfilling client requirements, advising them as to the best approach to campaigns/projects, and guides them through the adaptation process.
– Manages client expectations and proposes solutions to challenging situations.
– Helps educate clients who seem to require support, with help from Account Directors.
– Documents learnings from working with their assigned brands.
3.) Campaign planning and management:
Campaign planning and management sits at the heart of the AMs role. From planning ahead to final project delivery and closure -Account Managers are responsible for smooth day to day functioning of work – including:
– Consulting the client and originating agencies for upcoming campaigns and pre-empting delays or problems that may arise.
– Consulting with expert/support teams as necessary.
– Receiving, interpreting and consolidating client briefs.
– Briefing projects into various departments.
– Setting-up and managing project timelines in partnership with all departments.
– Communicating across all internal departments and ensuring smooth job flow.
– Completing quality checks delivering projects efficiently.
– Tracking and documenting all projects for future reference.
4.) Problem Solving:
Analysing challenges and getting help necessary to come up with a solution.
In addition to an individual contribution, the Account Manager engages in the collective success of the account team, by focusing on the links between the various parts.
Relationship with expert teams
– Developing relationships of partnership with our Ingest, Transcreation, VO, Production, and Business Affairs teams. Working alongside them, considering them as valued partners, and cultivate a sense of shared responsibility.
Account Management team
– Contributing positively to the Account Management team, through sharing of ideas – for example in weekly team meetings.
– Helping other team members who may need support and asking for help when needing support.
Good communication is essential for the Account Manager, and absolutely necessary to ensure smooth work flow. The Account Manager communicates efficiently with the client and internal departments. Some of the core requirements for communication are:
– Pressure-testing what the client asks for, and interpretation into what the client needs.
– Identifying and communicating with the relevant stakeholders.
– Keeping Account Directors in the know regarding ongoing projects.
– Communicating with internal teams – across Ingest Transcreation, Voice Over, Production, Business Affairs.
– Sharing learnings with the rest of the team by documenting knowledge.
– Helping the team become more collaborative through participation.
Use existing Tag CMD technology and other technology efficiently to ensure that all records are maintained. Fluent in Microsoft office and Outlook systems.
8.) A successful Account Manager:
– Little or no incomplete billing.
– Positive client feedback, and healthy client relationships.
– Healthy relationships with our internal teams.
– Records maintained.