- To provide clarity and direction on each account
- To deliver nuanced strategies for each brand, led by insight and evidence
- To constantly bring the consumer perspective into the planning process
- To pitch fresh and innovative media ideas to clients
- To stay in touch with society and the trends that are changing it
- To have a strong one-on-one relationship with each of your clients
- Forge relationships with international partners in the delivery of European/Global pitches.
- To be able to consult on a marketing/business strategy level (not just media) to keep our client
- thinking upstream
- To advise on measuring the performance of campaigns
- To ensure strategic recommendations are evident in implementation
- To increase our strategic profile by writing (and getting published) at least one article a year
- To present at least one proactive ‘think piece’ to each client every quarter
- To lead the strategy in new business pitches when needed
- You will already be an experienced strategist in either a media agency or another discipline who’s after a fresh challenge.
- Minimum 6 years+ experience in a communications agency, ideally media-focused but we would consider applicants from other disciplines
- You will live and breathe media and be an innovative forward-facer always looking to discover and test the best new developments that are right for your client
- A strategic thinker, who can divorce the detail and set out clear thinking that makes a difference to client businesses
- A convincing presenter, able to sell total communication strategies to clients and inspire them to buy in to breakthrough ideas that don’t follow category conventions
- Understands how online and ‘offline’ channels work together, comfortable talking about digital media planning as much as traditional media
- You’ll be pragmatic – a ‘doer’, someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done.
- Able to translate strategic direction into executional guidance for formats, channel selection and ideas.
- We’re an agency built on culture and collaboration – you will have great interpersonal skills and be confident speaking to teammates, clients, other agencies and media owners, politely and positively, with the ability to make the complex simple
- Able to discuss measurement options for clients including econometric modelling, digital attribution, etc
- A strong work ethic – you will be self-motivated and able to take the initiative as a leader or integral member of your team
- Keen to contribute to agency life beyond your core day to day role – you will have the opportunity to join one of the leadership teams who shape our initiatives across the agency
Job Reference: JO-1808-138865
Salary: £70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum