Overall Tasks and Responsibilities:
- In joining as an account executive, you will become part of a team reporting into an Account Director. Gradually developing responsibility for your accounts and taking increasing ownership. The company has an informal friendly environment, coupled with a strong work ethic.
- You will have daily contact with clients and co-ordinate the trafficking of jobs through the agency. You will also be exposed to processes within the agency and trained and developed to take on a broader role over time. There is a strong philosophy of promoting from within at the agency. As Account Executive you will be responsible for not only the trafficking but also clinical referencing support and basic account administration.
- As with all agencies the workload varies from week to week, but hours as much as possible are 9.30 to 5.30. Time is managed through timesheet completion.
- Reporting line will be directly through your Account Director.
- Know the status of the account, the brands, the client contact ‘hierarchy’
- Demonstrates interest and knowledge of client market place, by reading press cuttings, competitor information, magazines, research papers.
- Respond to client enquiries to agreed deadlines – ‘do what you say you’ll do, by when you say you’ll do it’.
- Able to discuss work schedules and status knowledgeably.
- Resolves problems personally, or knows when to seek advice.
- Agrees realistic timeframes with clients.
- Prepares realistic schedules for approval / confirmation from Manager/Director
- Checks day to day progress and chases (in-house and clients) against schedule.
- Negotiates for Creative time (and others) to retrieve schedule, or to accommodate new/unplanned work.
- Liaises with Director/Manager/Creative on changes to schedule.
- Recognises the needs of different teams.
- Writes creative briefs which are thought through and appropriate, for example; i) identify the priority issues, ii) contains focused, crystal clear, important messages iii) describes what people will do, by when, iv) do not dictate creative route.
- Assesses creative work before referring to Manager/Director
- Writes and distributes or files clear concise records of all contacts/enquiries, – internal, client, suppliers.
- Ensures accurate messages are taken and delivered.
- Initiates and organises routine traffic/status meetings.
- Records action points and decisions from client meetings, for distribution within 48hrs of meeting.
- Ensures schedules are completed or amended following client meetings.
- Informs client, Manager/Director, of schedule and cost changes as and when they occur.
- Completes weekly situation reports
Financial and Commercial
- Is aware of individual client revenue/income budget and current performance.
- Compiles estimates to maximise income/profitability (margin, hours, production costs etc.).
- Commercially interested i.e. understands the impact of action/decisions on the efficiency of the agency e.g. use of couriers, changes to artwork etc.
- Estimates are always current, reflecting the most recent client meetings, requests etc
- Understands the impact of decisions on other departments e.g. changing priorities, resources.
Personal skills and attributes
- Ensures trafficking is organised and efficient.
- Checks copy, artwork meticulously against brief, against relevant regulations e.g. ABPI, PAGB.
- Organises own time to achieve deadlines, does the right thing at the right time.
- Clear communicator, honest and fair with colleagues.
- Understands production processes, (what is involved, costs, timeframes).
- Knows when to ask for help.
- Manages confrontational situations constructively, seeks guidance when uncertain about how to proceed
- Able to keep numerous ‘balls in the air’, exercises judgement on what needs to be done how and when, when everything is urgent.
- Maintains clean, tidy and complete filing systems and job bags.
- Works quickly, gets things done on time.
- Doesn’t create crises through lack of planning or late briefing, when things are urgent colleagues are on side.
- Identifies own training and development needs
Job Reference: JO-1802-132554
Salary: £20000.00 - £23000.00 per annum