Technical Writer | Remote | ASAP Start | Inside IR35
An opportunity has become available for a Technical Writer to work with one of London’s leading SaaS businesses.
About the role:
They are looking for someone who is passionate, innovative and can constructively challenge legacy decisions and design standards to propel them to to the top of their industry. They are looking for a designer with strong technical writing skill to help define and communicate the design system. If you enjoy thinking in terms of components, patterns, and systems – ideally as both a designer and system creator and if you are good at technical writing, this job is right for you.
What you will be doing:
- Define the components and patterns of the design system for the clients Sitecore CMS, specifying UX, visual, interaction as well as documenting design spec, usage guidelines in Sketch, Figma and Frontify
- Creating guides for designers and publishing on Frontify
- Creating guides for web content managers to publish on Frontify equivalent and on Sitecore
- Work with DEV team to communicate design spec.
- Review designs and provide feedback to team members as well as other third party agencies.
- As a subject matter expert, collaborate and assist designers and CMS authors.
- Work with the larger existing design system team to collaborate and adapt design changes or new designs.
What you’ll need to have:
- Several years of experience in developing and deploying design systems at scale, especially on CMS platforms, along with an excellent foundation in UX design.
- Detail-oriented with strong knowledge of interaction and visual design.
- Deep understanding of responsive design.
- Good understanding of atomic design principles.
- Good knowledge of WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards.
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 and frontend DEV experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical writing skill.
- Experience reviewing other designers work and giving actionable design feedback.
- Proven ability as a strategic thinker
Job Reference: JO-2112-249774
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 3 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Copywriting Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract