- Art Director
- 3 month booking
- £300 a day outside IR35 (potential for perm)
Our client is looking to add an ambitious Art Director to the team to lead the creative design and strategy for a new retail client. You need to be storyteller at heart, with a clear vision for how a brand should look and feel globally, and experience developing and delivering compelling creative projects across multiple territories. You will be excited by retail, experience design and digital.
To achieve their ambitions, they’ve capitalised on their unique combination of world-class and diverse talent, cultures, and experiences. The team have created an environment that is driven by their shared values and are encouraged to foster an environment where they push boundaries, take risks, and challenge the norms.
Reporting to the Global Head of Brand you will be managing the day-to-day activities including supporting sales, marketing, and PR. Leading creative concept development, 360 campaign creative, photography, and video shoots, and developing new category-specific concepts across our network of brands.
- Work in partnership with the brand, marketing, digital and comms teams on new creative projects to deliver best-in-class concepts to satisfy channel needs
- Act as the gatekeeper for brand design projects, photography, video, digital and campaigns ensuring all assets comply with global standards
- Help manage workflows with the production team from development of clear briefing process through to production, post-production, and delivery.
- Manage global photography and film shoots from sourcing talent and briefing, to delivery of art direction guidelines, on-the-ground support, and post production workflows
- Work with external agency partners and teams, giving expert direction on new campaigns and projects, ensuring all assets are delivered to brief, on time and on budget.
- Develop and maintain relationships with print suppliers, photographers, film makers, illustrators, and designers to continually build our creative network
- In partnership with the Head of Brand, articulate the creative strategy across all brands/ sub-brands, campaigns & editorial, print projects, and events
- Collaborate with business and category leaders on retail projects and concept definition
- Keep up-to-date with industry, design and multi-media trends and be able to translate into new ideas and concepts which drive relevancy in the market
- A sharp, visionary creative, able to lead global projects, build relationships, and identify opportunities to grow brand value
- Strategic thinking, the ability to see the big picture and understand how various aspects of a project or brands work together
- Experience of commissioning and directing original photography, film, campaigns, and print
- Experience leading creative ideation and execution for global brands and company-wide initiatives
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to lead concept presentation and explain the reasoning behind a creative direction
- Ability to work under pressure to meet the demands of multiple internal partners across multiple brands and produce successful campaigns
- Able to support, mentor, and manage more junior team members, responsible and passionate about their growth
- Demonstrated fluency with design tools such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere.
If you thrive on taking charge, leading by example and have an immense sense of pride in your work, then this may be the opportunity you’re looking for.
For more information, please get in touch with and share an updated copy of your CV & Portfolio.
**Only people with the relevant experience will be contacted.
Job Reference: JO-2209-259049
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 3 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Design Jobs
Job Locations: City of London
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: 360, ART DIRECTOR, campaigns, Design, Luxury, Retail