We are working with a client who is a rapidly growing fintech company transforming the retirement industry for the better. Using their award-winning platform, they build digital products to help people plan for their financial future globally. They’ve gone from a small start-up to a global industry leader with over £2bn in assets under management.
It’s a very diverse team spanning across four continents that’s grown to a team of over 600 talented people, all dedicated to creating the best experience for their customers and an inclusive workplace for colleagues. Recently, our client made it onto Great Places to Work at No.22 and at No.6 for Best Workplaces in Tech 2021 for large companies!
This is your chance to join a team transforming retirement, savings, and financial well-being, across all generations, around the world.
You’ll be managing a team of around 4 Designers of different disciplines – a mixture of UX Designers, UI Designers and Content Designers. Your team will work closely with the eleven product and engineering squads that make up the Investment, Charges and Money. You’ll be helping design a suite of products that helps thousands of people a day save and invest money for their future.
How are charges and fees displayed to members and employers? How do we make it as easy as possible for members to change their investment strategy? How can we guide members to make good retirement choices? These are the questions you will be answering in the Investment, Charges and Money domain that manages the investment of money, deduction of charges, management and movement of money in and out of the platform.
- In this role you’ll be responsible for the designers in the Investment, Charges and Money domain. You’ll provide them with clear goals, support, and development. You’ll also help your team members grow and move up through their career progression frameworks.
- As the company scales up, so will your team. This role will involve planning and hiring the right people to ensure the wellbeing and success of your team.
- There will be other Design Managers like you, working in different domains. You’ll need to align with them and collaborate closely to ensure you deliver a coherent, seamless experience for our clients and end users.
- A Design Practice is being set up to be responsible for instilling best practice and career progression across the different design disciplines. You’ll need to work with the Practice and integrate their guidance into your team’s way of working.
- Your team will often work on customising products for clients who have specific regulatory needs and localisation requirements.
- Your team will also work on optimising existing features (based on data and research insights) and carrying out exploration, discovery and design of new initiatives from the platform roadmap.
- We also have an exciting new design system that your team will use and extend (primarily using Figma).
You will need a proven track record in the following:
- Managing design teams of a similar size and nature (preferably in B2B, enterprise, or complex business software)
- Working with diverse stakeholder groups, taking on feedback and helping them articulate their needs.
- Balancing user needs against business objectives and constraints.
- Master degree in HCI (or similar), or equivalent industry experience.
What do you need to demonstrate:
- Support and grow a talented design team, and be the best lead they’ve ever had
- Be hands on, leading through the work and setting the bar
- Elevate design and product quality. You define what ‘good’ looks like in the squad. And help them deliver it with great processes that deliver great design
- Be part of a positive change for the retirement industry
Nice to have
You’re expected to have a “manager’s level” of knowledge of the items in the list below so you can have constructive conversations with your team and other colleagues. We consider it a “nice to have” if you have prior hands-on experience in any of the following from earlier in your career:
- UX Design
- UI Design
- Content Design
- Qualitative User Research
- ABT, MVT & Analytics
- Front End Development
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays. One extra day holiday after two years and then every year up to 30 days holiday
- Pension scheme using salary sacrifice, Smart will match your contributions up to 5% of your salary
- £500 personal training budget every year to spend on courses or conferences or training materials
- Health insurance with Equipsme, including Dental, Eyecare and EAP
- Access to PerkBox and Smart Rewards
- Enhanced maternity and paternity (maternity – 6 months fully paid/paternity – 3 weeks fully paid)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
Our client is committed to crafting an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Job Reference: JO-2205-255430
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Design Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Design Management, Design manager, Financial Services, Fintech, product design, Product Designer, Product Designer Manager