My client are a fast growing, unique and innovative company in the EdTech sector; making learning engaging, educational and fun for kids! Their main product is an interactive audio platform that is changing the way children access content; they bring together a world of audio and put kids in control of how they listen, with their thoughtfully designed hardware products.
We are now looking for a talented Head of Design/UX to lead and grow the UX team as they scale. You will have an opportunity to build a world class design team, work hands on with a range of platforms and products creating meaningful and pleasurable experiences for all of their customers – both children and adults – across all touchpoints.
We’re looking for someone who can think across the whole piece, be organised and pragmatic but have creative flair and a visual sensibility. To build pathways towards strategic goals, while at the same time keeping the cycle of iterative design, regular releases and product updates moving forward.
- Lead and grow the UX team as the company scales over this year
- Work directly with the Chief Creative to make stuff happen
- Be hands on where needed, designing UX and UI across different media (mobile, web, email, connected HW, print, voice) – and for different audiences
- Create an environment where the customer is the relentless focus, and interactions are delightful and intuitive for every user – incl. 2 year olds!
- Build a culture of user research – developing ways to communicate regularly with customers, to ensure that designs meet the user objectives and expectations.
- Work with the Data team to collect, analyse and evaluate data from different resources (firebase, google analytics, customer feedback, app store reviews, etc.) to uncover underlying trends and turn them into meaningful insights and creative solutions
- Create user personas, user journeys and site maps that will provide direction and colour for the feature roadmap, as well as detail for successful design and implementation
- Develop creative ways for the team to quickly validate new ideas
- Support the generation of user stories that engineering implement from and help ensure they align with the development of the tech stack
- Oversee usability tests to uncover pain points and UX issues to improve overall usability of all products & platforms.
- Iterate based on user feedback, analysing data on user behaviour, A/B testing, etc.
- Evaluate the app and web store against usability standards and monitor for possible problems to make sure they are accessible to all customers.
- Introduce lightweight processes, templates and style guides to ensure design consistency can be achieved by all team members
- A portfolio showing several years experience of leading a UX team responsible for a complex ecosystem of products – ideally across digital and physical
- A track record of creating delightful user-centred experiences
- Experience of working and delivering in an agile environment
- Excellent knowledge of current UX/UI trends
- Excellent working knowledge of tools such as Sketch/Zeplin/Figma
- Hands on experience with identifying personas, creating user stories, wire-framing and prototyping
- Experience of carrying out or overseeing user research programs
- Good understanding of accessibility, responsive design and performance Excellent knowledge of user psychology and user research techniques
Job Reference: Yot
Salary: £80000 - £100000 per annum + shares
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Design Jobs, Product Jobs, UI & UX Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Design, Digital, research, Strategy, ui, Usability, User Experience, user interface, UX