My client believes everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services. Founded in 2008, my client are the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, they have helped over 20 million people create over 50 million legal documents, and get their legal questions answered.
My client are now in a unique position to enhance and expand the platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. They are expanding their team to take on this challenge in the form of a Product Design Manager to help craft the future of their native mobile app experiences.
The Product Design Manager will be a collaborative leader who knows how to have impact on product roadmaps while also driving and inspiring a team of direct reports towards success. You mentor through positivity and bring out the best in your team by creating opportunities, eliminating roadblocks, and inspiring creativity. In addition to driving impact through managing a small team of product designers, you will be responsible for re-imagining the companies mobile app.
You will demonstrate excellence through execution and take projects from the whiteboard to final visual specifications. They believe in innovative hybrid-designers who are fully capable of owning each stage of product design. The ideal candidate will have end-to-end design experience and have worked in teams that have launched successful B2C apps on both iOS and Android. This is a truly design-lead organization that takes pride in shipping functional and engaging products.
For this role, they are looking for a mobile-first design leader who has the UX chops to turn complicated processes into simple and effective experiences.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Know and deeply understand the product vision and business strategies
- Meet regularly with cross-functional peers to ensure work your team is engaged in aligns with business goals and release targets
- Manage product designers whose skills range from senior to mid level
- Collaborate with the product manager in shaping innovative native mobile app experiences
- Lead cross-functional teams through hands-on product design ideation sessions
- Bring the voice of the customer into your everyday work through running user research, talking to customers, and leaning on personas in your designs
- Design storyboards, wireframes and high-fidelity mockups/prototypes of simple, engaging experiences that meet clear project goals and milestones
- Present designs to key stakeholders and product organisation
- Deliver detailed, pixel perfect assets and specs to our front-end developers
- Experience with managing and helping designers level up in their careers
- Experience designing for responsive web and native mobile applications
- Excellent verbal communication skills in expressing design and product decisions to your team members
- Strong aptitude for giving and taking direction
- Approach problem solving with a positive attitude and eagerness to collaborate with your teammates
- Expert knowledge in user experience principles, graphic design and native mobile app standards
- Passion for user research and metrics that track product successes
- Strong portfolio demonstrating high-calibre visual and interaction design skills
- Mastery of the Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite or whatever tools you prefer to get the job done
- Minimum 5-8 years experience in UX/UI design Preferred Qualifications / Personal Characteristics
- Deep understanding of designing for native mobile applications
- Experience developing consumer or commercial native mobile application interfaces
- Working knowledge of interaction animation
- Detail oriented, driven and self-motivated
Job Reference: JO-2103-198380
Salary: £70000 - £100000 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Design Jobs, Studio Management Jobs, UI & UX Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Design, Digital, research, Strategy, ui, Usability, User Experience, user interface, UX