My client are a small team of creative thinkers and makers, building award-winning mobile apps and websites for ambitious and caring brands. They work on the entire digital product journey, from branding to wireframes, through to design prototypes, high-fidelity designs, front & backend development, mobile app development and ongoing product optimisation & strategy.
They are currently looking for a talented all-round Designer to spearhead their Design department, with a lot of experience in all things digital design and a good all-round technical knowledge. You’d get stuck in on a variety of exciting client projects as well as helping grow and manage the Design team and design processes. It’s a great opportunity to work across a wide range of world-famous mobile apps, SaaS and e-commerce projects, combining your hands-on design skills with managerial and strategic aspects of growing and managing a team & projects.
- You will create impactful and visually appealing user experiences at the highest quality standard
- You will manage multiple projects simultaneously towards successful completion, working harmoniously alongside other designers, front-end developers, project owners, and clients.
- Collaborate with the team and clients on brand development, interface design across desktop and mobile, user experience optimisation, user testing, and more.
- Help to establish new standards for UX/UI design practice with others in the company and/or consultants as needed.
- Champion accountability to goals and deadlines across the team, proactively communicating project status through reports, meetings, and ad hoc communications.
- Work with business co-founders to define project scopes and be involved in key project pitches.
- Lead and manage the design teams and processes to help establish the company as a world-famous design studio.
- Expert knowledge and proficiency of Sketch, Figma, Adobe Suite, and other industry-standard design management tools.
- Expert knowledge of prototyping tools and methodologies including Principle, Flinto, Framer, and After Effects.
- Excellent knowledge of crafting user experiences and beautiful user interfaces across desktop and mobile.
- Excellent knowledge of brand development & positioning, including brand guidelines, logo design, etc.
- Exceptional communication/interpersonal skills.
- Great illustration & animation skills
- Good all-round technical knowledge
- Good understanding of commercial implications of any design & development work
- Perfectly organised and timely with a problem-solving attitude.
- Very proactive and self-sufficient
Nice to have
- Basic understanding of 3D modelling tools like Cinema 4D.
- Basic knowledge of After Effects for UI and character animations.
- You have experience leading a team, defining design processes and communicating directly with key stakeholders.
- Experience in marketing activities such as social media postings, newsletters, etc.
Job Reference: Fortnight
Salary: £40000 - £55000 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: Design Jobs, UI & UX Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Design, Digital, research, Strategy, ui, Usability, User Experience, user interface, UX