Senior Service Designer
Company: A well-known & well-loved Charity Organisation
Location: Based in Central London
Are you a Senior Service Designer who wants to work for an organisation who really make a difference, every single day, to people from all walks of life?
Do you have a passion for human-understanding, problem-solving and digital strategy?
Would you like to join a new digital team focusing entirely on improving the customer journey on heavily user-centred projects?
We are looking for dedicated Senior Service Designers to join a service design team within a wider multi-disciplinary CX team who are fully focused on improving the end-to-end customer journey within a hugely important, forward thinking, UK charity!
You’ll work with service users, frontline staff, subject matter experts and stakeholders, alongside other researchers and designers, to design new services. As a member of the service design team you’ll be involved in every stage of the design process.
- Working to understand client need and the strategic direction of the organisation
- Generating service concepts
- Planning and facilitating co-design workshops
- Actively prototyping and testing design ideas
- You’ll need to have worked on projects that apply a design process in a fast paced, iterative environment
- We’re interested in people who can see the bigger picture and also be able to get into the detail when needed
- You will need to be able to communicate your thoughts and ideas well, both verbally and visually
- We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about creating positive change and who will always be client focussed, collaborative, hardworking and open to learning new things.
Your skills, interests and experience:
- Extensive experience in practicing service design and applying design thinking principles, and a passion for using research insights to shape digital and non-digital services and strategies.
- Proven experience of using primary and secondary research to identify user needs and business constraints, and working with multidisciplinary teams to design inclusive and accessible solutions.
- Experience of understanding and designing for complex user journeys and multiple user groups.
- Ability to plan and facilitate workshops with senior stakeholders and navigate complex project requirements and constraints.
- Experience of an extensive range of service design and research methods, including; developing briefs, conducting interviews and observations, customer journey mapping, identifying and communicating user needs and business constraints and developing concepts.
- Ability to plan and manage strategic and tactical design projects, using a range of methodologies, to generate useful insights and implementable service design.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to think creatively and pragmatically and identify solutions, including the ability to adapt flexibly to different user needs and business constraints, and provide constructive challenge in unfamiliar areas.
- Excellent written, oral communication and influencing skills, including the ability to communicate strategic insights and design outcomes to diverse audiences.
- Experience of working flexibly as part of a multidisciplinary team, and commitment to working within an inventive, responsible and generous workplace environment.
- Experience in mentoring and developing a collaborative team environment whilst encouraging innovation.
- Strong people management skills, with the ability to create a positive working environment in which equality and diversity are well managed, dignity at work is upheld and staff are empowered and motivated to achieve good outcomes.
- Degree level qualification in design, or a related discipline.
- Experience leading co-design projects and designing for the needs of vulnerable or hard to reach groups.
- Confidence in a variety of visual communication practices and proficiency using Adobe Illustrator and Indesign.
It is an exciting time to join one of the most valuable and interesting charities in the UK!
To apply for this amazing role, get in touch at
Job Reference: JO-1811-142180
Job Skill: Customer Experience, Customer Journey, cx, Design, Digital, Product, Service, Strategy, sx, User Experience, UX, UX. UI