***SENIOR UX ARCHITECT***
£60-70k DOE | Central London | ASAP Start
My client is the leading UK based online retailer
They’re only beaten by two other retailers nationwide; combined with this they are experience specialists, with a website that sees millions of customers complete journeys every day. Although well established, they are a fast-paced, truly agile culture giving you the best of both worlds.
They’re looking for a Senior User Experience Architect to join and support the Lead User Architect in their mission to validate design decisions and champion the right moves for their customers, primarily based in their London Victoria office.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be the chief advocate of the user and User Centred Design on your team(s), responsible for the user experience of its work and proactively driving the highest level of simple support for your customers in their journeys.
- Driven by insights
- With the in-house UX Research team you’ll plan and conduct user research, usability testing, and competitive research and analysis. You will also reach out to other groups who are sources of insight.
- You’ll report the research findings to stakeholders and work with your team to translate the findings into design solutions and actions to be implemented.
- You’ll facilitate workshops & learning sessions, and conceptualise & innovate new solutions with your working team (UI designer, product managers and developers), business/operational stakeholders and your UX peers, taking on-board valuable feedback & perspectives and bringing them along with you to get their full support.
- You’ll assist in creating and evolving design systems and best practices that account for user needs and context, while reinforcing brand values and industry standards. You’ll also follow UI best practice and industry/company design guidelines in your projects.
- You’ll manage the allocation of the UX resources you depend on during ideation, prioritisation, development, and quality assurance phases of projects and programs.
What we need from you
- 5+ years experience creating interfaces, large scale responsive websites and/or applications for mobile platforms such as iOS and Android.
- Degree in design, architecture, HCI or related discipline.
- Demonstrable portfolio of designing for complex digital interfaces, with experience in creating and delivering site maps, wireframes, interaction specifications and other information architecture assets of first class products and services.
- Strong analytical skills and capacity to think holistically.
- Ability to synthesize data into coherent information design.
- Desire to produce the best-in-class omni-channel customer experiences, regardless of complexity.
- Full understanding of how to apply the methodologies of interaction design and research to software, web and mobile development.
- Engaging presentation style as well as solid writing and visual communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with other team members.
- Experience with wireframing and/or prototyping tools to demonstrate your design approach and vision.
- An appreciation of all other UX roles and their contribution to the final product.
- Experience in working in truly agile environments facilitated by tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
If you’re interested and would like to learn more, please click ‘apply’ or alternatively email Kahmarl on email@example.com for more information.
Job Reference: JO-1812-143480
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Design Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: ARCHITECT, Senior UXA, User Experience, UXA