Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
User Experience Designer
Exciting opportunity for a User Experience Designer – join a fast-paced, creative, and innovative digital publisher of primary sources for the academic market.
This is a new role that presents an excellent opportunity to join a growing team working on an ambitious platform, at an influential stage of development. As the first dedicated UX Designer in the organisation, the successful candidate will be instrumental in defining user experience as a business function, and will set the standard for UX research, design and delivery across the company.
To this end, we are looking for a dynamic and driven UX Designer with a passion for realising complex user needs through great design. This person will have a strong appreciation for users of digital archival content, including librarians, students, researchers and academic teaching faculty, and demonstrate exceptional creative talent for translating intricate challenges into simple, effective user journeys.
What you will do:
· Work closely with Product Managers to design optimal user experiences for new platform features
· Lend UX expertise to Editorial colleagues to support the publication of content-based products on the platform
· Conduct and support different types of user research activities carried out across the business
· Enable Technical sprint team(s) to deliver finished features by providing guidance and clarification on designs
· Collaborate with external design partners on specific projects as required
What we’re looking for:
· a proven track record in a User Experience role, with a portfolio of work that demonstrates familiarity with front-end websites, responsive design, and administrative tools and interfaces;
· demonstrable experience conducting qualitative and quantitative user research activities;
· strong communication skills, able to build robust relationships with stakeholders and discuss users’ needs in a friendly, knowledgeable and engaging fashion;
· good analytical skills, able to interrogate and interpret information, and identify improvements to weak user pathways; and
· experience working with product and software development teams, preferably in an Agile environment.
Why this role?
· Take ownership of UX in an organisation and have an impact
· Embed user research into their design process
· Contribute to projects that contribute to the cultural life and heritage of the nation
· Work closely with developers, product managers and editor
· A fun and energetic place to work
· Collaborative environment
Get in touch to discuss this further, and to tell us more about your current situation and where you see yourself after your next move.