- One of the world’s leading brands in high-service electronics components and technology products distribution.
- Over 80 years of history and a part of that success is because they put people at heart and center of everything they do.
- Earlier this year, they embarked on an Agile transformation journey, standing up multiple cross-functional scrum teams who are all committed to building products that their customers will love.
- They are also moving to modern cloud based architecture and a true DevOps mindset to make sure they give a great experience to their suppliers and customers at any moment of the day.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You can clearly synthesize abstract ideas into tangible solutions for design and you are passionate about problem solving through design. You have a strong sense of ownership and are the advocate for the end user, always solving for them to have the best experience possible.
- You embrace a Design Thinking working environment
- You are skilled in presenting research/insights/designs back to large audiences and senior stakeholders.
- You have 3+ years of experience working in digital product design teams
- You have deep expertise in at least 2 of the following: User Research, UX Design, Interaction Design, Visual Design
- You are able to plan, conduct, and synthesize user research and usability testing
- You are highly skilled at creating interaction design solutions for desktop, web and mobile applications
- You have strong visual design skills, are able to create compelling, branded, high-fidelity product screens and are familiar working with design systems that consistently scale across platforms
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- As a Product Design Specialist, you will be responsible for a set of activities including: conducting initial user research, driving a solution vision based on business and user insights, designing desirable and intuitive multi-channel experiences, developing wireframes and visual designs, and iteratively validating solutions with users.
- You will conduct user research to discover insights, define user personas, and map user journeys
- You will create distinctive, branded digital experiences that are desirable and consistent across multiple platforms, devices and channels
- Champion & embrace a Design Thinking working environment
- Present research/insights/designs back to large audiences and senior stakeholders.
- You will develop new product concepts, storyboards, detailed interaction designs and screen flows, and prototypes to clearly articulate solutions
- You will create compelling visual designs that align to Farnell’s brand standards and conduct concept and usability testing to iteratively validate and improve design solutions
- You will actively collaborate as part of an Agile team to ensure designs are feasible and implemented accurately
To be considered for this role, please click “Apply”
Job Reference: Leeds
Salary: £45000 - £65000 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: Design Jobs, Product Jobs, UI & UX Jobs
Job Locations: West Yorkshire
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Design, Digital, research, Strategy, ui, Usability, User Experience, user interface, UX