Product Owner – Travel / Retail
Do you love holidays? Do you want to work for one of the UK’s favourite travel companies that makes holiday dreams come true for their customers across the UK and abroad? A company that even with their size still treats their employees with respect, inclusion and value? If you are a Product Owner and this sounds like the type of company you want to work for, then read on!
As the Product Owner you will get to look after and own the delivery of high quality, customer-led digital products, ensuring focus on the items that will deliver the most significant business value. You get to work closely with the extended Product teams to interpret and ensure alignment with strategy, roadmap and business goals. This particular role will initially have ownership and responsibility of the Search capability of the company website and platform.
Product Owner – Travel / Retail Responsibilities:
- Defining, prioritising and developing high quality products and features that deliver demonstrable customer and business value.
- Fully responsible for the product backlog and refining it to reflect priorities, balancing benefit with effort, risk and technical complexity.
- Act as the voice of the customer and ensure that you convey best practices to key stakeholders
- Create detailed user stories that breakdown the epic into end to end functionality
- Work collaboratively across the business to align priorities and identify and manage dependencies with other Squads and technology teams.
- Fully responsible for defining a buffer of refined user stories for upcoming sprints.
- Act as an ambassador for Agile best practices, lead sprint reviews and engage in daily stand ups and sprint retrospectives.
Product Owner – Travel / Retail Requirements:
- At least 3+ years as a Product Owner OR Product Manager in a similar position
- Experience in Travel, Retail or Hospitality industries are highly desirable however not essential
- Ability to step into a highly Agile environment, and utilise agile practices
- Previous experience in delivering search capabilities with knowledge of search implementations and integrations
- Experience working on digital/ ecomm focused products
- Make sound prioritisation decisions based on value and effort/risk to deliver
- Demonstrable ability to take ownership and make effective decisions
- Delivery focused with excellent attention to detail and drive to resolve issues
- Experience of applying data and insight to inform decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a amazing company and team, however unfortunately at this point they are not able to sponsor. Please make sure you have a valid UK work permit for this role. Due to the number of applications only those that are successful will be contacted, sorry.
Job Reference: JO-1807-137916
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: Product Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent