Director of CX – Job Description
Position: Director of CX
Reporting to: Head of Strategy & Delivery
My client is a fast growing agency
They’re looking for a Director of Customer Experience to join and lead the CX department which is built with specialists in Behavioural Research, Conversion Rate Optimisation, UX, Digital Design & Development.
About the role
You’ll be commercially-astute and day to day functions will see you work alongside team leads to deliver a range of digital projects that transform businesses. Projects will vary, and you’ll be working on anything from experience optimisation strategy, on-site testing, web design and user experience.
- Assume responsibility for the department P&L and actively contribute to the agency’s commercial success.
- Set direction for the team in line with the agency vision, commercial opportunities and client needs, and chart the strategic direction of CX practice.
- Define the type of work they aspire to create, ensure quality and standards of delivery, create the right conditions for the team to do their best work.
- Support the business by researching and onboarding cutting edge innovations that may influence how the business continues to evolve its CX offering, developing the existing service in line with current industry trends and client needs.
- Ensuring the excellent delivery of work, including but not limited to:
- You will work with the Head of Strategy & Delivery and discipline heads (Media, Research, CRO) on supporting client roadmaps, ensuring the solutions presented to the client are integrated, commercially robust and innovative.
- Oversee strategy work for clients across experience optimisation, customer journey mapping, website design and build, research analysis and insights. For testing clients – whether in acquisition, retention or engagement – you will ensure the test plans, goals and tactics align with these strategies.
- Creating strategic proposals and pitches for new business prospects and organic growth opportunities
- Process optimisation: scope, design, and implement new processes within and involving your department, collaborating closely with team leads, Project Managers, the Director of Operations, and other department heads.
- High-level technology advisory. You do not need to be a solution architect but it helps to be able to talk to platforms, architecture, and solutions
- Attend networking events, conferences, and other activity to foster new
- business opportunities. Be a visible presence for the agency via thought leadership content and speaking engagements.
- Partnership expansion. To contribute to sourcing, managing and developing relationships with third party technology and specialist providers to build a resource network of preferred suppliers and partners to meet client needs
- Training and Development.
- Own the training and development plans for the CX department, focusing on upskilling, cross-discipline knowledge growth, and career progression.
- Create in-house training programs for CX team members (as well as relevant CX training for those outside the department).
- Curate external training to ensure the team are familiar with the latest trends and technology, and that new ideas and capabilities are injected into the agency.
- As a key department head, you will work with other members of the agency Leadership to set directions, objectives and initiatives for culture, commercial success, operations, and service offering.
What we’re looking for
As a natural leader, you have the ability to get the best out of teams and facilitate collaboration between disciplines. You’ll have freedom and autonomy to define and deliver a vision for growth, ensuring operational excellence throughout. Using common ideation and conceptualisation methods, you will inspire the team while also being prepared to have a hands-on attitude to get things done when necessary. Aside from this, ideal candidates will demonstrate:
- Commercially driven. Comfortable in going after opportunities, adept in crafting and negotiating commercial agreements, comfortable with accountability for revenue and performance.
- Excellent client-facing skills: confident talking to senior clients and at home presenting, whether to new business prospects, clients, agency leaders, or team members.
- Digital marketing and ecommerce expertise. Solid experience in online marketing strategy, customer acquisition, and user experience.
- Solid understanding of core House of Kaizen services: conversion rate optimisation and A/B testing, user research, web design and development, and performance marketing.
- BA/BS in Business, Advertising, Marketing, Economics, Communications or equivalent.
- 8+ years of business environment experience specifically in Marketing, Advertising, or Management Consulting.
- An understanding of paid marketing channels such as paid search, affiliate marketing, paid social, and display that drive sales and their effect on traffic and conversion.
- Excellent grasp of the principles of UX design and/or human cognitive principles.
- Salary: competitive salary, on application
- Discretionary bonus
- Company pension scheme
- Health benefit scheme
- Amazing team and office culture
- Monthly company nights out
- Great work/life balance
- Flexible working
Job Reference: JO-1812-143447
Salary: £80000.00 - £115000.00 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: UI & UX Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Customer Experience, Director, UX