Based in the heart of Bankside’s growing creative community, I am working with a brilliant digital agency of 170-strong group of thinkers and designers who make things that move.
They build campaigns. Shops. Robots. One-of-a-kind-experiences. Anything that will help transport people, brands, and products. Always rooted in digital innovation.
Their Experience Strategy and Service Design Team is growing. Hence, they are looking to bring on board a freelance senior UX Designer. You’ll be leading UX design initiatives for one of the biggest global technologies brands and help them create exceptional digital and omnichannel experiences. You’ll work alongside the Head of Experience Strategy and Service Design, and other members of multidisciplinary teams including Strategy, Digital Design, Optimisation, Project, and Account Management.
Your work will span across different areas of UX from user research, usability testing, information architecture, interaction design, visual experience design, stakeholder workshops, wireframes, and prototypes.
This role requires a highly motivated UX leader who is passionate about user-centred design process and with a self-starter attitude and confidence to run and lead projects independently. You will lead a team of UX designers and ensure the quality of the work is meets and exceeds their clients’ expectations.
Your Key Responsibilities as a freelance senior UX Designer:
- Understand their client’s business, their customers, and competitors to define and design differentiated experiences
- Use data and insights to inform your thinking and your process for high-quality UX and UI designs
- Bring concepts and ideas to life via wireframes and being able to communicate and explain the rationale behind the thinking and design
- Plan, develop and conduct workshops
- Design and conduct user research and usability tests
- Develop empathy maps, personas, user scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams based on data and customer insights
- Map out and visualise experience, journey maps, user flows and service blueprints
- Demonstrate concepts and ideas through wireframes (low and high fidelity), user flows, and interactive prototypes
- Communicate and collaborate effectively to build consensus around the desired experience and suggested wireframe
- Manage and influence key stakeholders with different levels of seniority
- Plan and run user research and usability testing, and champion human-centred design
- Work alongside fellow designers, strategists, project and account managers, and developers to develop differentiated experiences that deliver ROI
- Coach and manage more junior UX colleagues
- Passion for consumer electronics and technology
- Deep knowledge of user-centred design and human computer interaction principles, techniques, and processes
- The ability to translate business requirements into seamless experiences that our customers will love
- Comfortable with embracing our design system and solving customer problems through best possible design approach
- Practical knowledge of Design Thinking methodology
- Previous experience with e-Commerce and technology brands
- Excellent design skills in either Adobe XD or Figma tools
- Client facing agency experience
- Excellent presentation and client communication skills
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that inform the current and future developments
- Service design experience is a plus
- Adobe XD
Sound like you? Excellent then get in touch and let’s talk 😊
Job Reference: JO-2108-245455
Salary: £400 - £500 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 2 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: UI & UX Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract