My client are an exciting and innovative startup with some staggeringly impressive investment support; they are a hybrid business combining SaaS and Marketplace products in a fast paced innovative environment.
They are currently looking for a “Head of Design” to grow and lead the team working on a whole host of fresh projects, leading from the front as a hands on designer while managing and growing the team in the process.
The person they’re looking for will be a natural leader; someone who inspires, isn’t afraid to speak their mind, challenges the status quo and thinks differently. The ideal candidate will be heavily involved in the design & tech community, attending/speaking at meetups and events while also having a great understanding of end to end product design & launching fresh products into the market
This opportunity offers true freedom to work on brand new projects while growing out a team of your own making in the process. My client offers a wonderful working environment, free from the usual red tape of being part of a larger organisation!
- Proven background in hands on UX/Product design and experience launching a product to market.
- Solid understanding of user-centred design principles & research methods
- Collaborate with various other teams and departments, especially with Research, to formulate an overall design vision and identify areas of improvement for our business and customers.
- Define and drive the Product Design strategy that integrates with, and informs, the broader Product strategy.
- Engage regularly with other Senior Leadership where you will effectively represent design, your team’s objectives, learnings, progress and celebrate their achievements.
- Effectively manage, provide progression frameworks and opportunities to engage and retain your team of designers.
- Continue to hire to build a diverse and inclusive world-class product design team, with strong vision on how to scale the team effectively.
- Play a critical role in continuing to grow a healthy design culture.
- Considerable experience leading, managing, scaling design teams and design strategy
- Experience in building a design library
- Skilled at giving actionable, constructive feedback which enables people to do the best work possible.
- Collaborative and happy to work with various departments across the business, such as engineering, marketing, pricing and commercial to provide unique insight and perspective to the design process.
To be considered for this unique role, please click “Apply” or contact me direct; email@example.com
Job Reference: JO-2004-158311
Salary: £70000 - £90000 per annum + shares
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: UI & UX Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: app, apps, Design, Digital, Internet of Things, IoT, mobile, product design, startup, ui, User Experience, user interface, User Research, UX