My client are a renowned ecommerce/retail firm and loved brand throughout the UK. They are organically growing and are now looking for a Senior UX Architect with a specialism within mobile apps!
My client’s mobile app team is a multi-talented team player who help drive how customers can use native apps to truly enhance the shopping experience as our site gets more responsive.
Someone who can extend our brand into the digital environment in the mobile apps – from the store to the phone apps (Android and iOS), who advocates UCD, uses insight to inform their design decisions, enjoys conceptualising and innovating new solutions. Experienced in research, workshop facilitation, persona definition, usability and information architecture – the UXA – Lead is responsible for the user experience of my clients mobile apps.
UXA – Lead is responsible for innovative information organization structures, interaction designs, page-level content organization, navigation, and prototypes of digital products.
Key accountabilities and measures
- Conceptualise, develop and document innovative information organization structures, interaction designs, page-level content organization, navigation, and prototypes of digital products for the mobile apps team(s).
- Develop user interface designs using knowledge of customer tasks, product functionality requirements, knowledge of user interface architecture, knowledge of UI best practice and industry/company interface standards
- Develop appropriate prototypes of designs/approaches to meet testing and communication needs.
- Clearly communicate User Experience approaches and design decisions to stakeholders and project team members.
- Collaborate with Visual designers, Copy writers, Product Managers, Business owners, and technical teams
- Conduct and facilitate of workshops and collaborative design sessions to ensure full buy-in to your vision
- Champion principles of usability and user-centred design
- Collaborate with team members and clients to ensure that the integrity of the experience is maintained through launch Ensure all design can be used across all channels.
- Ensure designs & specifications are AA compliant
- Experienced in native app definition and design
- Experienced in research, workshop facilitation, persona definition, usability and blueprinting the information architecture
- Worked on large scale projects with the ability to converge design solutions and functions together
- Have worked in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver insight-driven solutions, advocate design solutions and gain stakeholder buy in.
- Can demonstrate a solid track record of creating intuitive app functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation
- Experienced in designing for mobile apps.
- Familiar with working in Agile environments/teams.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to synthesize many data into coherent information design direction
- Desire to produce the best experiences in the industry, regardless of complexity or channel
- Full understanding of how to apply the methodologies of interaction design and research to software, web and mobile development
- Successful portfolio that demonstrates your ability in creating first class products
- Capacity to think holistically
- Engaging presentation style
- Solid writing and visual communication skills
- Ability to play nicely with other team members
- Experience with wireframing and/or prototyping tools to demonstrate your design approach and vision.
- An appreciation of all other UX roles and their contribution to the final product.
- Advanced skills & demonstrable experience in most of the following: o Prototyping tools/software such as Axure, Sketch
- Information architecture – translating business objectives and users’ needs into interactive digital journeys
- Wireframes, prototyping and specifications as appropriate to deliver within an agile environment
- Interaction Design techniques to design a mobile first digital solution across all channels and working across the funnel.
- Workshop skills to gather requirements/feedback and communicate design concepts to business stakeholders
- UCD advocacy – using personas, customers’ needs and employing iterative testing to validate design direction and usability
- Apply and contribute to Brand guidelines to ensure total integrity to the master brand.
- Application of Usability principles ensuring products are easy to use and follow common/known interaction patterns that ensure an intuitive, easy to use and engaging experience.
- Iterative quality checks, sign offs
To be considered for this unique role, please click “Apply” or contact me direct; email@example.com
Job Reference: JO-1803-133349
Salary: £50000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + Bonus
Job Skill: creative, Design, Digital, Ecommerce, Interaction, Product, Retail, Usability, User Experience, User Research, UX