Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
See available jobs in Analytics Jobs
That job has expired. Here are some similar roles:
Head of Data Insights & Analytics
Leading gift dot com!
· Greenfield opportunity to build your own team of Analysts and Data Scientists
· Impressive senior leadership with track record in driving growth, change and building market leading brands
· Consistently in Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For – year after year!
Salary: £90k – £100k
Location: Hybrid / London
In this brand new role, you will join a business poised for positive change and brand repositioning. Reporting into the Chief Product Officer, you will work together to build out a high performing team of Analysts and Data Scientists. The CPO is a selling point in himself – with an impressive background in product and ecomm, having worked for major digital retailers and online gaming, delivering growth and change – so you are in experienced and inspiring hands!
Your job will be to define the right strategy and create the right data platform for the business, whilst managing a small team of two Analysts – however, this is set to grow significantly over the next 2-4 years.
Therefore, initially you might need to get your hands dirty with analytics projects, however, the main focus will be the strategic build of the function, identifying priority projects and road mapping these out.
So whist ideally some previous team leadership experience would be great, this isn’t essential, as you could grow with the role – a great chance to step into line management!
In terms of where they’re at now on the data maturity curve (scale 1 – 5) the CPO described them as a 2 from a platform and technology perspective – there is a lot of work to be done on the integrity of the data, building out the data lake, building in different data sources etc.
Additionally, this is the chance to come in and really own a team and its growth over a number of years, at a time of exciting and positive change.
Therefore we need ambitious, entrepreneurial types, people who can not only align themselves to a wider business strategy and vision, but create their own for the data unit and challenge and create change, innovation and growth.
Finally, the CEO and founder has spent many years developing a family-like culture of support, collaboration and social and corporate responsibility. They do lots of charity events, and the company’s core purpose is to delight customers and this bleeds into their employee culture too; which is reflected in their impressive Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For year in year out
* Educated to degree level in a numerate subject, such as Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Psychology
* A career history in statistical customer analytics, with previous hands on skills in analytics and modelling – although this role is largely hands off
* Ideally knowledge around data science; ETL, data storage, modelling, pattern recognition and machine learning techniques (Python, SQL)
* Team leadership experience is preferred; inspiring and guiding teams through change and adoption of new techniques and approaches
* An interest in building something new, embracing the challenges and rewards a step change like this brings
* Resilient, forward thinking, solutions focused, confident, thought leader and exceptional relationship builder