Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Insight Analyst – Digital, Product & Marketing
Global Sports Organisation
Salary: £50k – £60k plus 7% bonus
Location: Remote & London
WHAT an opportunity – not just for Sports fans alike, but for ambitious Analysts looking for a unique challenge!
My client are one of the world’s leading sporting associations, running 50+ tournaments annually across 30+ countries.
The VP of Digital. He alone is a reason to join this global sporting organization and is the person you will work closest with. With an incredible career, grounded in engineering but specialized in part in gaming, this friendly and inspiring character has spent 20 years working with multiple sporting brands (including ManUtd.com, FIFA and The FA), delivering data and tech driven product solutions and platforms. Fascinatingly, he then took gaming to the world of sport, applying mechanics such as nudge economics with this client, driving a more personalised and ‘fan first’ approach to marketing and business.
And this is where this role comes in….
My client are currently going through a digital transformation, resulting in a new requirement for a Data Insight Analyst. This is a broad role, requiring a variety of skills across (digital) product, customer and strategic analytics and the ability to stich all of that together for both customer experience and commercial purposes:
· Working to support the marketing team in their measurement of campaign activity, social and content activity
· Working with the technical teams to ensure the right data is being captured and translated for business use, what KPI’s need to be in place to measure customer journeys, and how events trigger different engagement (for example)
· Working with the product teams on product road mapping, coaching the product team on what the metrics need to be to optimize performance
The environment for this role will be akin to a start-up; requiring a someone who can wear many hats, take pro-active approach to identifying analytical needs across the business, a commercial approach in thinking, as well as the ability to always put the ‘fan first’. You have the chance to move from a ‘worker’ role into a ‘leader’ role!
You will need to be comfortable and skilled in navigating multiple stakeholders, all of which will be going on different digital journeys, and will have varying levels of needs and wants. And for the right person the opportunity for growth and ownership in this role is HUGE. There are plans to scale this team, with this person being the lead on that – if they so wish! There is already another Analyst in situ, who’s remit is to support on day to day reporting activity – whereby this role should be far more strategic.
Technically they have Google Analytics, as well as a new CDP and CRM implementation which is happening as we speak, plus data aggregation tools available to pull all the information together – and more as they continue to accumulate more data.
· Educated to degree level in a numerate subject; Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry, Machine Learning, Computer Science etc.
· Skilled in leveraging range of analytical tools such as Google Analytics and SQL, plus experience in using data visualisation tools such as PowerBI, Tableau or Looker needed to bring data to life for the business
· A strong background in digital and marketing/customer analytics is essential, measuring marketing performance and leveraging analytical techniques to interrogate the data to deriving actionable insights and results for your stakeholders
· Experience implementing and extracting data from Mobile Marketing Platforms and Mobile Push Notification providers (desirable)
· Experience extracting data from Ad Delivery platforms such as Google AdMob (desirable)
· Experience in working within an OKR framework (desirable) helping teams set Objectives and define and track Key Results.
· Solutions focused approach, with an intellectual curious mindset and ambition to add value through your analytical work
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to explain analytic results and models to a non-technical audience
· Comfortable working in a high growth environment, fast paced activity, ability to prioritise and juggle multiple tasks at any one time
· Resilient mindset, courage, confidence and ambitious nature required!