Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Global travel organisation is looking for a Team Lead Data Engineer to join the Marketing Data Engineering team which is responsible for building and maintaining data and software products that unlock opportunities for marketing performance optimization for *** for all Brands.
Day to day:
* Provide technical leadership and mentor a team of Data Engineers fostering a culture of support and collaboration in the team and across Marketing Data Engineering .
* Hands-on participation in Engineering tasks such as coding, peer reviews, building automation tests
* Acting as initial point of contact for your team and facilitating the inclusion of your engineers as required
* Working closely with Product and Program Managers and Tech leads to align on product and technical vision for the team.
* Be part of the Tech Leads forum to discuss and agree solutions and implement the best practices in our solutions.
* Implement all the necessary infrastructures which allow self-healing and observable monitoring of data ingestion, and consumption through Datadog.
* 5+ years of meaningful work experience in Big Data /distributed compute projects .
* 3+ years’ experience in crafting real-time streaming and batch applications .
* 1-3 years’ experience in mentoring a team of Data Engineers ( preferable ) .
* Extensive experience in programming in Scala/Java/Python (any) .
* Knowledge around Distributed Systems Architecture.
* Knowledgeable in Hadoop-ecosystem technologies including Apache Spark .
* Experience working with any NoSql database .
* Experience building data pipelines using cloud services (eg. – AWS)