Learning & Development Manager – Events company – London – Hybrid
I’m looking for an experienced Learning and Development manager to own the development of the staff in the business. This is a brand-new role for the business and looking for someone to own the whole L&D function. Great opportunity for someone who has a background in developing, building, and conducting different training from junior to management levels.
My client is successful data and event management specialist assisting companies on their market research and events.
- Ownership of the management training.
- Implementing structure around the induction process to ensure an amazing experience for every new employee.
- Implement robust evaluation practices and find opportunities to promote the value of the learning development.
- Work with colleagues in HR, the Leadership team and wider leadership to initiate and develop effective talent and career development processes to support business goals.
- Coach, challenge and advise managers in order to embed behaviours and values required to create and maintain a constructive learning culture.
- Creation of a professional development policy that includes the utilisation of the apprenticeship levy.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Graduate calibre with a strong track record of delivery in a Learning and Development management role.
- Thorough understanding of the drivers of business culture and the development of programmes to embed values and constructive behaviours within an organisation.
- Good understanding of talent management strategies.
- Robust understanding of adult learning styles and their implementation into learning programmes
Experience & Skills:
- Solid practical experience of performing successfully within a learning & development management role within a fast paced and professional business.
- Demonstrable experience in design and delivery of management development programmes.
- Demonstrates strong commercial awareness and the need to measure impact and effectiveness of learning activities.
- Previous experience of effectively utilising the apprenticeship levy funding as a means to support individual and company growth – desirable
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload and show good judgement under pressure.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (in particular Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experienced coach or some experience in coaching is also highly desirable.
- Previous experience of setting up learning records and software.
- 25 days annual leave which increases to 30 days with service plus public holidays
- Monthly Awards and Social Events
- Annual bonus!
- Busy and active social calendar
- Annual personal learning budget(want to learn how to knit, surf, cook etc then they’ll support it!
- Hybrid working (of course!)##
If you are successful, our HR Recruiter will be in touch!
Job Reference: JO-2205-255459
Salary: £45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonuses
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: 30/06/2022
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: HR human resources learning and development L&D training trainer